MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

Moderators: mrtools, mntiwana

Re: Indicator requests and ideas

friend4you wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 12:53 am
Mladen made a new, attached indicator last weeks. Can it be recoded to Mt4, maybe with alert on slope change?
"Theory :

This indicator is showing an example how an adaptive ATR (originally published here : Adaptive ATR) can be used within some other indicator. As an addition, not only the ATR is adaptive in this indicator but the main value is calculated as adaptive EMA using the same Kauffman's efficiency ratio for adapting

Usage :

It can be used the similar way as similar indicators (Keltner channel and similar channel indicators ...)"

Adaptive ATR channel.mq5
Try this one, please make sure it doesn't repaint, don't think it does.
adapt atr channel.png
Adaptive Atr channel.mq4
(9.85 KiB) Downloaded 187 times

Sandile wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:03 am
Good Day everyone,

Could someone please modify this MACD Indicator to plot dots at every close instead of a line

2 Line Macd.png

2line_MACD.mq4

For an example something this bb MACD Indicator by Mr Tools does

Double MACD.png
Added a dots or colored line option.
2line_MACD dots.mq4
(9.4 KiB) Downloaded 180 times
macd dots.png

losajoca wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 7:20 pm
mrtools wrote:
Thu Dec 27, 2018 11:23 am

Not sure don't have a "end pointed" SSA was thinking maybe something zero lag but then would probably be a lot of false signals.
I have this version, don't know if it will be usefull.
But then, it was just an idea, I trust your opinion.
By the way, could this "end pointed" SSA have a sound alarm when arrows are displayed?
Thanks.

8-) *a superb 2019 to all in forum*
Corridor SSA normalized end-pointed 2_arrows nmc.mq4
(10.27 KiB) Downloaded 109 times

mrtools wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:04 am
Thanks a lot, I will test it next days. Also very interesting is this small mq5 oscillator. Mq4-version would be useful to many, I think.
mladen: "Efficiency ratio directional with levels
Basics :

The Efficiency Ratio (ER) was first presented by Perry Kaufman in his 1995 book ‘Smarter Trading‘. It is calculated by dividing the price change over a period by the absolute sum of the price movements that occurred to achieve that change. The resulting ratio ranges between 0 and 1 with higher values representing a more efficient or trending market. The Kaufman Efficiency Ratio is also know as Fractal Efficiency. It can be used as a filter to differentiate between trending conditions and sideways markets.

This version :

The original Efficiency ratio does not show the direction of the market. This version does that. Also, in order to identify market conditions self adjusting levels are added in order to make it easier to spot the change and current state of the market

Usage :

You can use the color changes to assess market direction and trend changes"
Efficiency ratio directional levels.mq5
(12.11 KiB) Downloaded 83 times

mrtools wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:40 am
Sandile wrote:
Thu Jan 03, 2019 5:03 am
Good Day everyone,

Could someone please modify this MACD Indicator to plot dots at every close instead of a line

2 Line Macd.png

2line_MACD.mq4

For an example something this bb MACD Indicator by Mr Tools does

Double MACD.png
Added a dots or colored line option.
Thank you very much MrTools for your kind assistance and for what you do for other on this forum, this update on this indicator mean a great deal and will simplify many things for me and improves my trading system.

Have a wonderful day Sir.

friend4you wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:20 am
mrtools wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:04 am
Thanks a lot, I will test it next days. Also very interesting is this small mq5 oscillator. Mq4-version would be useful to many, I think.
Basics :

The Efficiency Ratio (ER) was first presented by Perry Kaufman in his 1995 book ‘Smarter Trading‘. It is calculated by dividing the price change over a period by the absolute sum of the price movements that occurred to achieve that change. The resulting ratio ranges between 0 and 1 with higher values representing a more efficient or trending market. The Kaufman Efficiency Ratio is also know as Fractal Efficiency. It can be used as a filter to differentiate between trending conditions and sideways markets.

This version :

The original Efficiency ratio does not show the direction of the market. This version does that. Also, in order to identify market conditions self adjusting levels are added in order to make it easier to spot the change and current state of the market

Usage :

Made this version using the 9 different moving average options to smooth the efficiency ratio the mt5 version looks like the smoothing is very close to a simple smoothed ma. As with the other of these conversions please make sure it doesn't repaint before using it on real money, hopefully I avoided the mt5 repainting traps. :shh:
efficiency ratio directional levels.ex4
(47.6 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
der.png

mrtools wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:26 am
friend4you wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 3:20 am

Basics :

This version :

Usage :

Made this version using the 9 different moving average options to smooth the efficiency ratio the mt5 version looks like the smoothing is very close to a simple smoothed ma. As with the other of these conversions please make sure it doesn't repaint before using it on real money, hopefully I avoided the mt5 repainting traps. :shh:
arrows please :)

mrtools wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:33 am
LFN wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:32 am

Hi, this shows up the same as the one I attached in my post. Do you think arrows when signal line crosses over could be added? And MTF would be a really nice present :)
Added arrows and mtf.
Hi there passing on a thank you for all your hardwork on this forum. I have tested this indi backtesting using tick data running it on TF15min with the indi set to 4hr TF, the arrows are very late and do repaint. Only in the same TF both the test and the indi we get a non repaint arrow but with many false signals. Regards and thank you

Hello, can someone post the link to the indicator previously posted somewhere in forexstation.com that allows to specify distance below and over price so that price does not expand over the whole chart? I tried to find it unsuccesfully, thank you!

kappaforex wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:49 am
mrtools wrote:
Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:33 am

Added arrows and mtf.
Hi there passing on a thank you for all your hardwork on this forum. I have tested this indi backtesting using tick data running it on TF15min with the indi set to 4hr TF, the arrows are very late and do repaint. Only in the same TF both the test and the indi we get a non repaint arrow but with many false signals. Regards and thank you
of course in mtf mode all indicators need to repaint before close of MTF timeframe candle............. so for examples if you have a 4 hour MTF on the 1 hour chart it will take 4 x 1 hour candles to close first to generate the proper arrow signal etc. but prior to the close of those 4 x 1 hour candles the arrows will appear & reappear depending on movement of 4 hour chart & this is not repainting it is just calculating the higher timeframe open bar (which all indicator need to do to display) sorry for my english but maybe mntiwana can explain better than me............. bottom line is its not actually repainting indicator it's just calculating higher timeframe's movements still :think: