Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

rirayoza wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:19 am Hello everyone, could anyone make a "bars" and "histo" version of this ATR NRTR STOP indicator for MT4 with MTF and Alerts?

• ATR NRTR STOP Bars / Candles.mq4
  • ATR NRTR STOP Histo.mq4
Look in MTF thread for mtf alert ver by Mrtools
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Hi MrTools and thank you very much for all the help throughout this year!

I wanted to ask whether you could help me with one last thing. I really like how the attached indicator shows the OB/OS levels for current and higher timeframes in the same window, however, sometimes I'm not getting the signals (lines in this case) even though the price has crossed the respective OB/OS threshold.

See the example where I've highlighted in pink boxes the missing signals - I should have blue lines there (different indi above with the same settings shows pink), but am not getting them:
and the settings:
Thanks in advance for looking into it.

Zelias wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:10 pm Hi MrTools and thank you very much for all the help throughout this year!

I wanted to ask whether you could help me with one last thing. I really like how the attached indicator shows the OB/OS levels for current and higher timeframes in the same window, however, sometimes I'm not getting the signals (lines in this case) even though the price has crossed the respective OB/OS threshold.

See the example where I've highlighted in pink boxes the missing signals - I should have blue lines there (different indi above with the same settings shows pink), but am not getting them:

screenshot.112.jpg

and the settings:

screenshot.111.jpg

Thanks in advance for looking into it.
I think the version in topic is working fine
first sw both TFs to current
second sw both TFs to next higher TF
3rd sw current TF and next higher TF
Attachments

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

rirayoza wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 10:14 am

Hello, I have already searched and the ATR NRTR STOP bars and histo indicator does not exist.

2018-12-27-201034.png
I checked the version in MTF thread and compared to yours,looks like both same,sorry for inconvenience

mntiwana wrote: Sat Dec 29, 2018 12:01 am
I think the version in topic is working fine
first sw both TFs to current
second sw both TFs to next higher TF
3rd sw current TF and next higher TF
Hi mntiwana,

Thanks for looking into it.

My problem has to do with what happens in the first (top) indicator window.

See how on a few occasions (where I've put purple squares) the RSI goes above the 60 level but no red&purple lines appear on the top. A normally-working indicator would highlight those, but this one doesn't and it would be great if such instances could be fixed.

I've looked at the code and although I don't understand much, I can see that there are some buffers incorporated in it. Could this be a reason why (from my observations) when a single candle goes beyond the threshold OB/OS level and then reverses, the indicator would not highlight it?

Hope MrTools or anyone else will be able to look at this, but happy to hear your POV in case I'm getting this wrong somehow.
Thanks!