Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

reachme wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:30 am Hi Mr.Tools,

can you please convert this mladen MT5 indicator to MT4? Thanks for your time.
Another good one from Mladen::::::

Theory :

Efficiency ratio was invented by Perry Kaufman as a measure of volatility and as a way of making some calculations adaptive. In his adaptive moving average he uses 3 periods for calculation which makes it a bit "cryptic" and, by all means, not so simple to use. This version is simplifying the whole thing without an intention to clone the KAMA indicator - but with an intention to use the efficiency ratio for adapting the average calculations and to use only two parameters for that :

period
price
No other parameters needed

Usage :

It can be used as any other moving average type indicator

Please make sure in my converting it I didn't cause it to repaint, don't think so but since the market is closed now, not sure.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 3):
reachme, Jimmy, Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 1:20 pm

Another good one from Mladen::::::

Theory :

Efficiency ratio was invented by Perry Kaufman as a measure of volatility and as a way of making some calculations adaptive. In his adaptive moving average he uses 3 periods for calculation which makes it a bit "cryptic" and, by all means, not so simple to use. This version is simplifying the whole thing without an intention to clone the KAMA indicator - but with an intention to use the efficiency ratio for adapting the average calculations and to use only two parameters for that :

period
price
No other parameters needed

Usage :

It can be used as any other moving average type indicator

Please make sure in my converting it I didn't cause it to repaint, don't think so but since the market is closed now, not sure.
Thank you so much. I tried my best to convert it but it became repainting one :lol:

mrtools wrote: Wed Dec 26, 2018 12:24 pm

Made this version, couldn't get the quantile bands to work correctly so went with the regular floating levels, this version working ok now, but market isn't open yey, so hopefully it will be ok.
Dearest Mrtools
So much thanks for extending a lot of features,appreciations for your kindnesses
every part working fine
regards
Attachments
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.