Re: MT4 updated Dec 2018 Build 1160 & 1170

Jimmy wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 3:29 am

Really? Has it caused any issues since you've removed the charts from your saved profile man?

Yes, I delete biggest and most recently used chr-files on last used profile in profiles like in folder default as I saved them as templates before always and it helps on most hanging problems after restart.
On Linux, I decide which updates I want.

Hello my traders friends, I have a problem I think not only me many more, today when I went to open my mt4 to follow my EA it was not working anymore so I removed it and put it again on the chart I saw that the '' INPUT ' 'Was no longer present so I noticed that my mt4 had updated. I wanted to know if anyone had this problem and solved it or some topic in the community talking about this problem. Thanks in advance. (After 1160 update)

RODRIGO360 wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 12:13 am Hello my traders friends, I have a problem I think not only me many more, today when I went to open my mt4 to follow my EA it was not working anymore so I removed it and put it again on the chart I saw that the '' INPUT ' 'Was no longer present so I noticed that my mt4 had updated. I wanted to know if anyone had this problem and solved it or some topic in the community talking about this problem. Thanks in advance. (After 1160 update)
How can we test it in our end if you hide your EA name?
These users thanked the author reachme for the post:
moey_dw

As explained by Metaquotes (not really much of an explanation or proper change-log though)

New MetaTrader 4 build 1170
The MetaTrader 4 platform update will be released on December 20, 2018. The update fixes errors and improves the platform stability.

We remind you that support for older versions of operating systems, including Windows XP/2003/Vista, has been discontinued. The minimum acceptable OS version for the client terminal is Windows 7.

The update will be available through the Live Update system.

I guess the real test will be when the market opens again.

A few problems noted so far by some users:
  • Tick Data Suite back-test with kernal 32 dll import failing since 1147.
  • Attempting to read a HST file seems to offset the expected results.
  • Web-updates are breaking compatibility & freezing the terminal.
  • Certain EA's not working.
  • Terminal freezing on profile change.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
RODRIGO360
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

why these metaquotes gotta touch the platform for they already caused headaches from 1090 with indicators.................. here i put my tin foil hat on & say the agenda is to make us so angry with mt4 we all just forced to move to mt5

Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈