NEW KAMA with filter, Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average - (KAMA)

reachme wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:40 am

Hi Friend4you,

I'm asking about this indicator and it's settings. sorry may be i was not clear before.

kaufman Screen_20181214_114652.png
mrtools wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 6:43 am This is an upgraded version of the advanced KAMA , not much different from the earlier version just added the shadow lines and a little code optimization and lighter mtf.
FBI wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:09 pm

There is some math behind it. Looks good. What indi it is and settings, please.
Great, that you all like the kama indicators, that I posted or even brought to fs as mladens mq5.

As I posted my settings already, which settings do you all use on new KAMA with filter.mq4 ?

Reachman, that was the old KAMA with filter.ex5, where I just deleted one line. As pointed out by different persons, that version did not work as the mq5 and is now fixed by mrtools, but I still ask for an alert on that. There are not many ma, that don't produce many false signals even on M5 or what do you prefer to focus your attention on a new trend?

KAMA with filter.mq4 got much attention as the smoothing is different from the Advanced Kaufman Ama 2.02.ex4 that I posted 2017
viewtopic.php?p=1295366240#p1295366240
and that is also updated now. Thanks.
These users thanked the author friend4you for the post:
reachme

Re: settings: Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average - (KAMA)

mrtools wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:06 am

for some reason I get going in a hurry with the code and post it and usually find I forget something like this or something else. Try to test things before I post but sometimes miss something. Anyway long story short added those 2 lines and been testing for the last 30 minutes or so and it seems good to go, but would feel better if ya'll test it to be sure.Sorry about the hassle. :oops:
Jimmy wrote: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:10 pm Welcome ...
Many likes and downloads, may I ask again humbly, if anyone works on a simple alert on slope change for it?
viewtopic.php?p=1295383500#p1295383500

Re: settings: Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average - (KAMA)

friend4you wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 7:26 pm

Many likes and downloads, may I ask again humbly, if anyone works on a simple alert on slope change for it?
viewtopic.php?p=1295383500#p1295383500
Added slope change alerts.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
losajoca, reachme, friend4you, rudiarius, Vere, Jimmy

Re: Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average - (KAMA)

For member's wanting to study and read some of Kaufman's books they can be found in our Trader's Library:

A Short Course in Technical Trading- Kaufmann 2003 in this post
Smarter Trading - Kaufman 1995 in this post
New Trading Systems And Methods - Kaufman 2005 in this post
These users thanked the author ChuChu Rocket for the post (total 3):
ionone, heispark, paroucia
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎

Re: Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average (KAMA) indicators MT4

Dearest Mrtools
Can you please manage time adding price filter mode in "Kaufman - with filter (mtf + alerts + arrows)" indicator
same as coded within "kaufman ama averages filtered 1.2" (parameter property window picture attached)
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
Chickenspicy
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.