settings: Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average - (KAMA)

reachme wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:01 pm
What is the indicator that you loaded?(Red Line)
FBI wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:09 pm
There is some math behind it. Looks good. What indi it is and settings, please.
Mrtools version does not update the line and if you come back to that timeframe, earlier crosses are in the past suddenly. Watch on a volatile pair on M1.
Look previous posts, these are the indis on pic, standard settings are good:
viewtopic.php?p=1295366240#p1295366240
viewtopic.php?p=1295383411#p1295383411

Re: settings: Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average - (KAMA)

friend4you wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:25 pm

Mrtools version does not update the line and if you come back to that timeframe, earlier crosses are in the past suddenly. Watch on a volatile pair on M1.
Look previous posts, these are the indis on pic, standard settings are good:
viewtopic.php?p=1295366240#p1295366240
viewtopic.php?p=1295383411#p1295383411
Sorry i'm unable to reproduce your red line settings here. Do i need to change any other settings?

FBI wrote: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:56 pm

It has same issue than that step MA adaptive had. Looks like a million dollars, but repaints and impossible to trade.
Nahh :) not the same issue, that was something in the function i still don't understand this one is a rookie mistake I forgot to add

Code: Select all

valDa[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
  valDb[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
for some reason I get going in a hurry with the code and post it and usually find I forget something like this or something else. Try to test things before I post but sometimes miss something. Anyway long story short added those 2 lines and been testing for the last 30 minutes or so and it seems good to go, but would feel better if ya'll test it to be sure.Sorry about the hassle. :oops:
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 6):
reachme, FBI, rudiarius, Antonio, SilverBB, andrei-1

mrtools wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:06 am

Nahh :) not the same issue, that was something in the function i still don't understand this one is a rookie mistake I forgot to add

valDa[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
  valDb[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
for some reason I get going in a hurry with the code and post it and usually find I forget something like this or something else. Try to test things before I post but sometimes miss something. Anyway long story short added those 2 lines and been testing for the last 30 minutes or so and it seems good to go, but would feel better if ya'll test it to be sure.Sorry about the hassle. :oops:
If i was humble like you then i would be a CEO of some company :lol: What the hell are we going to do other than testing your indicator which is priceless. Thank you so much for your efforts.
These users thanked the author reachme for the post:
Jimmy

new Kaufman Adaptive Moving Average - (KAMA)

mrtools wrote: Sat Dec 15, 2018 3:06 am

valDa[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
  valDb[i] = EMPTY_VALUE;
Thanks, even more interest on this indicator now. All repainting issues seem to be gone, please: all would be thankful to have an alert version soon.
Good weekend,
f4y