Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mntiwana wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:13 pm
Man you are welcome here too
please explain your query/question/problem
this are the indicators. they dont show on my platform making me think they need to be reworked to function with the new metatrader

Indicator request

I do not know, if this kind of indicator exist all ready, but this is how it should work.

After first minute close, at Daily Open, indicator should draw two vertical lines, up and down, after let`s say 20 Daily Average range.
Let`s say for example that GBPJPY 20 Days Average Range is 170 pips, so after that first minute close, two lines one up and one down 170 pips distance.
In picture only can show upper line, lower line is so far away so we can`t see that.

aguiyi wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 11:15 pm
this are the indicators. they dont show on my platform making me think they need to be reworked to function with the new metatrader
Hi aguiyi
"ma-i-CA" indicator is "Corrected Average" indicator
all the variation you posted are same,simply different periods/values
any way corrected and posted here all that ones,they are working now,at least with me
in lowest picture for to explain you,compared Mladen's "Corrected Average" version
the white is your one,solo coloring
and blue/red dual/slope coloring along with golden signaling line is Mladens version with same parameters
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

FBI wrote: Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:55 am Indicator request

I do not know, if this kind of indicator exist all ready, but this is how it should work.

After first minute close, at Daily Open, indicator should draw two vertical lines, up and down, after let`s say 20 Daily Average range.
Let`s say for example that GBPJPY 20 Days Average Range is 170 pips, so after that first minute close, two lines one up and one down 170 pips distance.
In picture only can show upper line, lower line is so far away so we can`t see that.

GBPJPYM1.png
that is exactly ADR for prices for daily move.

i find it better to do it manually, as many times after large compression , average of n days range can be low and still prices can spike more,

so i have adopted different method,
say for example , for any instrument(with full lot size) margin call is going to get triggered at $300(from previous days close price level), then convert that to pips, and draw lines of that pips on both sides starting from previous days close price level, that is the daily range for that instrument for that day on both sides depending on your view of trend.

as this is done using levels, where margin calls are taken into account that is the PANIC level for the traders both for INTRADDAY as well as for SWING traders. you may do it from open prices, though i find previous days close prices more useful.

i think i have posted one indicator in mt4 indicator bank section that you can try if you want that takes in to account n days range in calculations and draws automatic lines as you need.

but i still prefer to draw lines daily manually using previous days closing prices.

farxad wrote: Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:26 pm Good day, can you fix this indicator? Does it signal 1 bar late, is it possible to make a signal 1 bar back?
That is a decompiled and repainting ma cross indicator, to make the signal 1 bar back would make it repaint. Have this non repainting version.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, mtp