Re: TMA - Triangular Moving Average indicators MT4

Hi guys
For bands lovers (usual and asymmetric bands) 2 in 1 - there is a very fantastic indicator by Mladen
a lot of choices included - usual prices 15 methods and more features too
exp - bands
posted at its appropriate thread
here :
"viewtopic.php?p=1295379453#p1295379453"
Attachments
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
RodrigoRT7
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

thiru wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:56 am

figured out the centerline issue and fixed it;

2018-09-25 07_52_55-EURUSD,M5.png

TriangularMA centered asymmetric bands nmc.ex4
TriangularMA centered asymmetric bands nmc.mq4
Hi Thiru,

Is this arrows are non repainting? I have tested in M1 and it didn't repaint but I just want to ensure that it should not remove arrows automatically once bands change it's position. Thanks in advance.

reachme wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:12 pm Hi Thiru,

Is this arrows are non repainting? I have tested in M1 and it didn't repaint but I just want to ensure that it should not remove arrows automatically once bands change it's position. Thanks in advance.
:) again.

just read that few days back mladen himself commented to one such comment;
viewtopic.php?p=1295379666#p1295379666

mladen wrote: Sat Sep 29, 2018 2:44 am I have never told that I made the centered TMA as a joke. It was made based on Brian Millard's and J.M. Hurst's ideas and those ideas are far, far from a joke.

What I have repeatedly told that it should not be used as a signal indicator, and since that recommendation (not to use it as signal indicator) was almost always ignored, I have also repeatedly told that I regretted that I have made the centered TMA due to constant wrong usage of it. If people read Brian Millard's book "Channels & Cycles: A Tribute to JM Hurst " it will be clear that there is no joke about that if it is used the correct way

As of "solars" : Solar wind joy and solar wind were, are and always will remain what they are - a coding error (solar wind) and a joke (solar wind joy)

after reading maldens post, ......... he has pronounced it many time that centred TMA is not a signal indicator., meaning you should not treat this indicator like RSI where when it crosses a certain level it signals OB/OS level. In this cTMA case, it is not like that. If you look at the thread dedicated to TMA, in the first few posts he has given all details.

the important fact to note is the half-length that you define in the TMA channel. as a rule of thumb, the channel will/can recalculate to that many bars. Say, if you have half-length as 50, then you can expect that the channel can recalculate up to 50 bars. The reason, the half-length is estimated or interpolated.

The other deceiving thing is non-repainting TMA. It is nothing but the centre line is Linear Weighted MA (LWMA), which is a standard MA builtin MT terminal. You will see something like TMA true nrp indicators, they are LWMA with ATR for deviation. Yes, they won't repaint and they have a different purpose altogether.

Personally, I don't consider that as TMA when it is actually LWMA. But, yet to find the reason why they are called TMA in the first place. I remember mladen writing in some post, that TMA, centred or not, it will repaint. The end pointed or non-repainting TMA is LWMA.

So to answer your question, yes the arrow will disappear and cTMA is a recalculating NON-signaling indicator. DONT take trades based on that arrow if by any chance you are planning to do that.

If you are very keen on reading more about the Cycles that mladen mentioned, PM and will send you the scanned version of that old book, because of copyright issues, I can't post it here.

btw, I'm a beginner too and still reading and a long way to go :)
These users thanked the author thiru for the post:
kam44

thiru wrote: Mon Oct 01, 2018 7:42 pm

:) again.

just read that few days back mladen himself commented to one such comment;
viewtopic.php?p=1295379666#p1295379666

after reading maldens post, ......... he has pronounced it many time that centred TMA is not a signal indicator., meaning you should not treat this indicator like RSI where when it crosses a certain level it signals OB/OS level. In this cTMA case, it is not like that. If you look at the thread dedicated to TMA, in the first few posts he has given all details.

the important fact to note is the half-length that you define in the TMA channel. as a rule of thumb, the channel will/can recalculate to that many bars. Say, if you have half-length as 50, then you can expect that the channel can recalculate up to 50 bars. The reason, the half-length is estimated or interpolated.

The other deceiving thing is non-repainting TMA. It is nothing but the centre line is Linear Weighted MA (LWMA), which is a standard MA builtin MT terminal. You will see something like TMA true nrp indicators, they are LWMA with ATR for deviation. Yes, they won't repaint and they have a different purpose altogether.

Personally, I don't consider that as TMA when it is actually LWMA. But, yet to find the reason why they are called TMA in the first place. I remember mladen writing in some post, that TMA, centred or not, it will repaint. The end pointed or non-repainting TMA is LWMA.

So to answer your question, yes the arrow will disappear and cTMA is a recalculating NON-signaling indicator. DONT take trades based on that arrow if by any chance you are planning to do that.

If you are very keen on reading more about the Cycles that mladen mentioned, PM and will send you the scanned version of that old book, because of copyright issues, I can't post it here.

btw, I'm a beginner too and still reading and a long way to go :)
Hi Thiru,

Thanks. I may not be clear in my initial question. I completely understand this TMA as i'm following Mladen from tsd days. Usually some people make arrow to NRP so that we will find the extreme in history using arrow but we can see how far bands are moved out of it. I may not clear in my explanation but it helps in some way to calculate the price movement. Anyway thanks for your time.