Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mntiwana wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:15 pm
As for i know and as Mrtools explained - Trend magic is repaint ver of Super trend which uses CCI
better to try using newest super trend instead
It is not repainting and popular since 2009. I join the request and post the mq5 version for changes like FBI especially alerts and "all price options, smoothed, adaptiveness". But I think you have already better versions of a cci 50 over atr 5 indicator (other settings not as good!) ? It's called supertrend sometimes, but they have not much in common.
These users thanked the author friend4you for the post:
andrei-1

Hi Team,

I was wondering whether there is an indicator like the one below already here on FX Station (I couldn't find one by searching in the relevant threads), or if such could be created using the formula/explanations in the image below.

I sincerely hope to not have violated any of the rules on this website by posting this image - if this is the case, do let me know and I'll remove my post asap.

Thanks in advance for your help, as always :)

Zelias wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:35 pm Hi Team,

I was wondering whether there is an indicator like the one below already here on FX Station (I couldn't find one by searching in the relevant threads), or if such could be created using the formula/explanations in the image below.

I sincerely hope to not have violated any of the rules on this website by posting this image - if this is the case, do let me know and I'll remove my post asap.

Thanks in advance for your help, as always :)
Post illustration picture/s if possible
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

I am not a coder,can experts compile this indicator and if required do some changes?
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
// Copyright by HPotter v2.0 29/09/2014
// TTM scalper indicator of John Carter’s Scalper Buys and Sells. The methodology
// is a close approximation of the one described in his book Mastering the Trade.
// The book is highly recommended. Note the squares are not real-time but will
// show up once the third bar has confirmed a reversal.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
study(title="TTM scalper indicator", overlay = true)
width = input(2, minval=1)
triggerSell = iff(iff(close[1] < close,1,0) and (close[2] < close[1] or close[3] <close[1]),1,0)
triggerBuy = iff(iff(close[1] > close,1,0) and (close[2] > close[1] or close[3] > close[1]),1,0)
buySellSwitch = iff(triggerSell, 1, iff(triggerBuy, 0, nz(buySellSwitch[1])))
SBS = iff(triggerSell and buySellSwitch[1] == false, high, iff(triggerBuy and buySellSwitch[1], low, nz(SBS[1])))
clr_s = iff(triggerSell and buySellSwitch[1] == false, 1, iff(triggerBuy and buySellSwitch[1], 0, nz(clr_s[1])))
clr = iff(clr_s == 0 , green , red)
plot(SBS, color=clr, title="TTM", style = circles, linewidth = width)

One of the great older indicators to ignore sideway markets is still Damiani_volatmeter with different settings, here posted for the first time on fs and with alert as mq4. The inventer wrote:
"Used to filter whipsawed markets out. When noise line (grey) is above signal line (green) even trading ranges strategies will have poor performance - by Luis Guilherme Damiani NEW VERSION"

Maybe our coders want to make it even better, maybe all price types, jurik smoothing, adaptiveness and/or filtering?

Any thoughts about this idea: If you like one of the ideas, please click the thumb button left under this post.
friend4you wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:43 am Dear mrtools!
You posted these incredible indicators, which are used in some strategies introduced on forex-station. Success rate is much higher, when three lines point up or downwards.

Is it possible to get an alert with wav-file, that can be chosen, when one, two or three lines (as option) change slope in the same direction. Maybe later also a % filter on calculation or adaptiveness or coloring of slope?
Thanks.
The mq4-file of mladen, changed by pacois is just for reference. The only states of 0 and 1 are difficult to use for one-time alerts.
RK-triple_smoothed_Momentum3.mq4
smoothed momentum x 3.ex4
smoothed momentum fl.ex4
These users thanked the author friend4you for the post:
mtp