Re: Is It Safe To Trade Pure Technical Analysis Or Do You Need News Too?

It is important to distinguish "expected" news, like publication of economic data; and unexpected event that causes large movement and can even turn into new trand movement. The second type of news can give interesting trading possibilities, in case of due analysis performed. The news can increasse volatily, which is necessary fo the traders.
These users thanked the author FTS for the post:
vvFish

I used to trade the news, and then a market which was positively affected by the news (better figures), caused the price to plummet. Why did it plumet if it was good news for that currency pair? Because the market does what i wants, and the big fish will always manipulate it in their favour, regardless what the news is. You watch the price whipsaw up, then down, then up, spreads get big... no thanks.

So I don't pay attention to it anymore. Like others have said, I have a general awareness of what's happening, I avoid trading and/or exit larger positions during big announcements. Mostly unaffected in the Daily time frame i trade.
These users thanked the author Chopper for the post (total 2):
Jimmy, ChuChu Rocket

Chopper wrote: Thu Sep 12, 2019 5:12 pm I used to trade the news, and then a market which was positively affected by the news (better figures), caused the price to plummet. Why did it plumet if it was good news for that currency pair? Because the market does what i wants, and the big fish will always manipulate it in their favour, regardless what the news is. You watch the price whipsaw up, then down, then up, spreads get big... no thanks.

So I don't pay attention to it anymore. Like others have said, I have a general awareness of what's happening, I avoid trading and/or exit larger positions during big announcements. Mostly unaffected in the Daily time frame i trade.
Smart. Would you consider yourself a pure technical trader now? And during impacting news like NFP, if you're in a position will you remove your stop losses to accomodate those whipsaws? Or will you let them be hit?
Important: The worst forex brokers of all time 👎