Re: Heiken Ashi Type Indicators

nathanvbasko wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 1:19 am Heiken Ashi (HA) Average Price Bars
by v2vboni
- Using non-lag Hull Moving Average algorithm
- With Jurik Smoothing/Filter ─ Jurik Smooth Heiken Ashi - JSHA

HA-APB3.JPG

HA_APB.ex4
Updated version:
These users thanked the author nathanvbasko for the post:
constbln
Since Frank Sinatra sings in his own way, my charts sing... ♪  I did it, My... Way...  ♬ ; )─

sergtradingfx wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:19 am Hello all,
The Heiken-Ashi indicator in MT5 has always the same bar width as the standard bars even when zooming in/out. Is it possible to make the MT4 heiken ashi indicator work the same way? Thank you!
Can you explain with a picture
and which of indicator you talking about specifically
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 3:54 am
Can you explain with a picture
and which of indicator you talking about specifically
Hello Mntiwana, I refer to the standard built-in indicator heiken ashi. The enclosed picture shows the heiken ashi indicator for both MT4 (right) and MT5 (left). the width of the heiken ashi bars in MT5 version is always the same as the width of standard bars even when zooming in or out. However, the width of the heiken ashi bars in MT4 indicator is not always the same as the width of the standard bars, it has to be adjusted manually from the color tabs. I usually do not have the standard bars showing in the chart, it is just that the heiken ashi bars in MT4 do not look so good in all zoom levels, they become either too thick or too thin unless modified manually in color tabs, so that is why i wondered if it was possible to have the heiken ashi indicator in MT4 working as in MT5 in this regard.
Attachments

sergtradingfx wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:26 am

Hello Mntiwana, I refer to the standard built-in indicator heiken ashi. The enclosed picture shows the heiken ashi indicator for both MT4 (right) and MT5 (left). the width of the heiken ashi bars in MT5 version is always the same as the width of standard bars even when zooming in or out. However, the width of the heiken ashi bars in MT4 indicator is not always the same as the width of the standard bars, it has to be adjusted manually from the color tabs. I usually do not have the standard bars showing in the chart, it is just that the heiken ashi bars in MT4 do not look so good in all zoom levels, they become either too thick or too thin unless modified manually in color tabs, so that is why i wondered if it was possible to have the heiken ashi indicator in MT4 working as in MT5 in this regard.
Think this version will do what your looking for the width of the candle body should change as you zoom in or out, after a tick.

sergtradingfx wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 6:26 am

I think you can not compare so many things in between mt4 and mt5 regarding display and formation
mt4 is limited when mt5 is more flexible and capable handling things
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mrtools wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:10 am

The candle body automatically adjusts to the zoom levels after the first tick. When i use heiken ashi i usually but the chart colors to none.
Hello Mrtools, are you refering to the width of the heiken ashi bar? when i zoom in, the heiekn bar does get bigger but does no longer seem to have the same width as the standard bar (screenshot of previous post). In MT5 heiken bar keeps the same width though when zooming. Otherwise could you post a screenshot showing that this is also the case in MT4?
i also put chart colors to none to see only heiken ashi bars, i just wanted to show in the previous screenshot that the heiken ashi bars do not keep the same width as the standard bars when zooming. Thank you

sergtradingfx wrote: Tue Nov 13, 2018 10:53 pm

Hello Mrtools, are you refering to the width of the heiken ashi bar? when i zoom in, the heiekn bar does get bigger but does no longer seem to have the same width as the standard bar (screenshot of previous post). In MT5 heiken bar keeps the same width though when zooming. Otherwise could you post a screenshot showing that this is also the case in MT4?
i also put chart colors to none to see only heiken ashi bars, i just wanted to show in the previous screenshot that the heiken ashi bars do not keep the same width as the standard bars when zooming. Thank you
No the ha candle body adjusts to the zoom levels, the candle wick i left it at width = 1. Would need to see the code of the mt5 heiken ashi to see what was done with it.