Re: Synthetic VIX for MT4

Krelian99 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:50 am

Grudgingly... no, just kidding. The pic Jimmy posted is the SyntheticVIX for MT5 but the indi is that you see on my chart. I set period to 20 and Stochastic true. The indi Nas posted after my post is nearly the same but without slope color. For his mirror interpretation better.
Dear Krelian,
Thank you for your prompt and clarifying answer ...
There is also an ambiguous point within the file you have attached ... if you have the experience and knowledge to give the correct "rule" it would be of great help avoiding misunderstandings ... Thank you again for all ... (i am attaching the related picture ...)
Best Regards
Dimitri
Attachments

Dimitri wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 6:29 am Dear Krelian,
Thank you for your prompt and clarifying answer ...
There is also an ambiguous point within the file you have attached ... if you have the experience and knowledge to give the correct "rule" it would be of great help avoiding misunderstandings ... Thank you again for all ... (i am attaching the related picture ...)
Best Regards
Dimitri
Oh, I didn't read it to the end. Good you did :thumbup:
There is a saying: "Markets take the stairs up and the elevator down." That's the idea behind it. The volatility is bigger at bullish markets. For me and in the sense of the paper the pic description must be changed into:
Most of the market lows come when the stochastic of the WVF posts a reading above 80 percent while most of the market highs come when the index is below 20 percent.
Mostly, the saying is correct for FX, but we have a double-sided auction. That means a Buy of the base currency is a Sell of the quote currency at the same time. The rule to use the VIX has a problem when the price takes the elevator up (elevator for the quote currency). The VIX measures the volatility, up and down. In relative terms there is a smoothing to avoid that problem but not all events can be avoided. That must be the moments when guys say: "Today I lost the earnings of a half year." ;) That's why it's always good to use a SL and one or two confirmations for your trading idea. The EMAs filter quiet well, IMO. Intraday you have those events more often, of course and there are nice Buy opportunities with raising VIX. As we always say: Make your own trading rules and only get inspired by others ;)
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post (total 2):
Dimitri, Patrick K

Krelian99 wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:40 pm

Oh, I didn't read it to the end. Good you did :thumbup:
There is a saying: "Markets take the stairs up and the elevator down." That's the idea behind it. The volatility is bigger at bullish markets. For me and in the sense of the paper the pic description must be changed into:

Mostly, the saying is correct for FX, but we have a double-sided auction. That means a Buy of the base currency is a Sell of the quote currency at the same time. The rule to use the VIX has a problem when the price takes the elevator up (elevator for the quote currency). The VIX measures the volatility, up and down. In relative terms there is a smoothing to avoid that problem but not all events can be avoided. That must be the moments when guys say: "Today I lost the earnings of a half year." ;) That's why it's always good to use a SL and one or two confirmations for your trading idea. The EMAs filter quiet well, IMO. Intraday you have those events more often, of course and there are nice Buy opportunities with raising VIX. As we always say: Make your own trading rules and only get inspired by others ;)
Wrong VIX direction.png
Dearest Krelian,
Really Thank you for your integrated comments. It is really nice and interesting when we have the possibility to analyze such issues ... I would also like to ask, if you could possibly share the posted template .... Thank you again anyway ...
Best Regards
Dimitri

Custom Period Separator lines MTF

Lightweight custom period seperator for MT4 which allows you to set MTF period lines on lower timeframes.

Thanks to Mladen for this neat tool.

These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 13):
hannele, reachme, nrv, SilverBB, kashyapjdave, rijay, W35, mr12323, Modahen77, Rox, claypot, SijjiN, Tesako
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Various indicators

TTM
TTM name came from "Trade The Market"
I guess this is the initial version of TTM family indicators,later Mladen extended it to many other variations,still it is so simple and easy to use almost in any situation,TFs,Instruments - especially for scalping lovers
looks like low/high kind indicator - using EMA in this ver - it displays bull bear bars/candles
but experts can better explain
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.