Re: Volume Indicators for MT4

Hello everyone,

I'm new around so first of all, i want to say that i'm very glad to be here. This community is very good in my opinion because it can help many retail traders like me.
Besides, in fact i'm looking for an indicator that can give the average volume of swing leg as you can see on the picture attached.
Or if someone could help coding it please?!
Many thanks in advance for your kind support!

Best regards,

Tix
Attachments

Tix wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:27 pm Hello everyone,

I'm new around so first of all, i want to say that i'm very glad to be here. This community is very good in my opinion because it can help many retail traders like me.
Besides, in fact i'm looking for an indicator that can give the average volume of swing leg as you can see on the picture attached.
Or if someone could help coding it please?!
Many thanks in advance for your kind support!

Best regards,

Tix
At first,you are welcome here
Actually volume is considered and or estimated the weight of invested money or the numbers of participants/traders with their lot size in total in any direction that displayed by or resulted by candle/bar size (from high to low),as per my little knowing
i dont see any logic swing leg or i have not seen any thing alike this
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:49 pm
At first,you are welcome here
Actually volume is considered and or estimated the weight of invested money or the numbers of participants/traders with their lot size in total in any direction that displayed by or resulted by candle/bar size (from high to low),as per my little knowing
i dont see any logic swing leg or i have not seen any thing alike this
Thanks for your quick reply.
In fact, what i mean is :
- either there is a way to sum up the tick volume for one leg
- or calculating the average of all tick volumes during one leg?

Tix wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Thanks for your quick reply.
In fact, what i mean is :
- either there is a way to sum up the tick volume for one leg
- or calculating the average of all tick volumes during one leg?
The leg you taking in consideration,can you limit the leg,where it will go and when - how you calculate a leg,any formula ?
but experts knows better,out of my poor knowledge

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:15 pm
The leg you taking in consideration,can you limit the leg,where it will go and when - how you calculate a leg,any formula ?
but experts knows better,out of my poor knowledge
I think a zigzag indicator shows well the legs that i'm talking about. What i mean by legs = swings (impulse up or down). I don't know if you understand better what i'm looking for now?

Tix wrote: Thu Oct 11, 2018 10:17 pm

I think a zigzag indicator shows well the legs that i'm talking about. What i mean by legs = swings (impulse up or down). I don't know if you understand better what i'm looking for now?
Zig zag and all other high/low swing detecting alike fractals are repaints badly

Hello all,

this is my first post to the forums as i am new, so if this is posted in the wrong suggestion please forgive me.

I was wondering if anyone can point me to a zero line cross volume indicator that is good. i am looking to add a volume indicator to my algorithm to cut down on some losses. any help is greatly appreciated. thanks so much

Jimmy wrote: Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:04 pm Hawkeye Volume by Nigel Hawks is a renowned and premium VSA tool used and recommended by many traders.

More info [url=http://www.hawkeyetraders.com/indicators/volume/]here[/url] and video here .

PS: Please be sure to download the DLL attached and place it into your "Libraries" folder.

EURUSDH1.png
Hi Jimmy,

I've added the DLL to my libraries folder and added the EX4 to my indicators folder, however it is still showing up blank on my chart. Any idea as to why that might be? Any help is appreciated!

"Quantile based signed volume analysis 1"
Extended (of the previous one posted in back pages) by Mladen - added atr and limit zone features
unfortunately using basic 4 prices
lowest one in picture
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
Chickenspicy