Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

pacois wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:05 am Hi. A filter otherwise the arrows do not make sense, at least for me.
The arrows have meaning after crossing the boundaries of the asymmetric channel and the simple channel of the bollinger, at the moment when the asymmetric is rebuilt from low and becomes high.
Just need to take into account the direction that the arrows become good signals. And just pick up periods.
In the picture, the MA periods are both 8 by the hourly chart.
This is the dimension of one trading session.
Attachments

Intrest 1 wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:16 am

The arrows have meaning after crossing the boundaries of the asymmetric channel and the simple channel of the bollinger, at the moment when the asymmetric is rebuilt from low and becomes high.
Just need to take into account the direction that the arrows become good signals. And just pick up periods.
In the picture, the MA periods are both 8 by the hourly chart.
This is the dimension of one trading session.
Thanks, could not you insert a filter as you indicated in a circle, to eliminate the bad arrows?

pacois wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:21 am
Thanks, could not you insert a filter as you indicated in a circle, to eliminate the bad arrows?
I am not a programmer and do not know how to make indicators.
It's just that I use asymmetric stripes.
Perhaps mrtools or Mladen will make such a trend direction filter to see which arrows are good and which are not very
These users thanked the author Intrest 1 for the post:
pacois

mntiwana wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 4:29 am tma asymmetric bands
Mrtools already posted it at request and idea thread but posting here too as it belongs to this thread
An confirm non repainting ver as it using TMA not Centered tma
33 prices
Dear Mntiwana,

I am a little confused now because on your picture there is a different indi (centered tma based) and you posted tma asymmetric bands and in this case it's important to know which one is which since tma based indis don't recalculate but centered tma indis do always recalculate! Also the posted indicator has 33 price options and they work but doesn't have alert function as on your picture. See below the attached pictures and please clarify. And last but not least thank you for your contribution to this site. Awesome work!
Attachments

rudiarius wrote: Sun Oct 07, 2018 7:15 am

Dear Mntiwana,

I am a little confused now because on your picture there is a different indi (centered tma based) and you posted tma asymmetric bands and in this case it's important to know which one is which since tma based indis don't recalculate but centered tma indis do always recalculate! Also the posted indicator has 33 price options and they work but doesn't have alert function as on your picture. See below the attached pictures and please clarify. And last but not least thank you for your contribution to this site. Awesome work!
You are right,thanks for pointing out my misinterpreting,let me correct that post
mistakenly i posted a wrong P (parameters) picture
Edit : in topic post is corrected now accordingly
that is tma with working 33 prices,no arrows/alerts,even not mtf yet
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
rudiarius
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.