Re: (mladen mntiwana mrtools ...) trading system from gurus

ardaguney wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:36 pm i want to change my question is there any person trading real and making good profits for a long time with a system or indicator if yes can he help us can he share his story.

thanks
there is a program called "chat with Traders" which consist for more than 100 podcast on the net ( search for it you ll find it) . there traders talked about their experience, their career, their trading framework ... ( but they dont explain about the detail of trading systems or triggering and so on :) ).
It seems programs like the mentioned ones could give traders a better insight for finding their ways.

ardaguney wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 7:36 pm i want to change my question is there any person trading real and making good profits for a long time with a system or indicator if yes can he help us can he share his story.

thanks
Actually a lot of folks are making real money every where sharing their story won't help you one bit.
Like was described above the name of the indicator is boldly hidden in plain sight when you take a look at Mr Pacois Signature.
I had a friend who years ago, who challenged me to use a trading journal and try different trading systems while documenting each ones progress.
I came out of that experiment with a position I have doubled down on ever since.

The systems are good the traders are wack, no one can recalibrate the way you reason.
Trying out something
Test to see if
Let me add this filter
Let me modify it.
When I hear these statements I know that person will waste my time
No one can teach them, the most common indicators of very good retail traders are
Stochastic
RSI
Tool are: trend lines, Fibonacci ratios

Just to mention a few popular ones

The problem with saying retail traders are being stopped out of the market by BIG boys is not factual.
As the BIG boys always have their staff especially those managing smaller accounts doing retail trading.
I know this because I have a lot of them as friends.
10% I think is the industry standard for what you are allowed to risk as a fund manager.
Anyways that's my opinion.
I takes 20 years for some, while It takes 20days for very few.

Jimmy wrote: Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:40 pm
Welcome to the forum Ard! There are so many great codes and tools on here from Mrtools, Mladen, Mntiwana and many other traders here which can make your trading a breeze like the Chaos Visual Averages, QQE, Mrtools' TDI & much more. You just need to see which one works best with your style of trading! :)

I don't think I can be much of an inspiration to you as I get big drawdowns in my accounts but I trade Forex and Futures for a living and make a steady 100 pips per week or (400 pips per month) and have so for the past five years now. On my large account I compound my earnings (for every additional $1000 profit I bump up my lot size by 0.10).

This is pretty much how I trade:

Technically.
  • Weekly chart trading 8 minor or cross pairs (I only trade Volatile pairs)
  • Draw one or two trendlines on the Weekly chart.
  • Zoom down into the Daily and 4H chart then place trades in anticipation of the Weekly trendline bounces (back into the Weekly trend).
  • I use Mrtools's non-repainting RSI on 14 period (default setting) and as I am in a losing trade I will wait for the RSI to hit the 70 or 30 line on the 4H or Daily and add another position in the direction of the Weekly trend.
  • I keep trades open for 1 to 2 weeks on average.
  • I only open trades during European, London and New York session (cash trade open).

Fundamentally
  • I will check all news events during the day.
  • Listen to Squawk and Bloomberg TV throughout the whole day.
  • Add to positions if data releases are good for a particular pair I'm trading on

It's a boring way of trading but there are always opportunities to trade every single day of the week.

To avoid confusing you, here's an example of how easy it can be to trade technicals successfully. Just start things off simple and use the higher timeframes. Only add indicators of your choice once you get the basics covered:

1. Draw one or two trendlines on the Weekly chart (keep it really simple).
2. Trade the bounces off those trendlines when price gets close to them by opening a trade into the direction of the Weekly trend.
An example on USDCAD. The overall Weekly trend is UP. Draw one simple trendline and open a trade into the direction of the Weekly trend (Buy) once price gets close to that trendline.
USDCAD.png

(In this screenshot I'm using our Floating Indicator as a TDI in the top right-hand corner but I usually use Mrtools' non-repainting RSI on my charts).

Here are my trading results for the past 6 months myfxbook here using this technique. As I said, I get big drawdowns occassionally but I'm use to it and can manage it well. The reason for my post is to show you that with perseverance and interest you can make a living trading! And by using the great indicators that Mladen, Mrtools, Mntiwana and the other traders that share here you can simplify and improve this process even further!

I'm actually testing an easy mechanical strategy based on the non-repainting indicators here by Mrtools right now, and it's going great but I need a few more months of live results before writing up the strategy for novices to follow.
You are the true inspiration indeed Jimmy, sometime what people(myself included :)) need to hear is "I make a living out of..." to prove that indeed it is possible to make a living out of trading FX. All that need to change is the attitude, mentality, and of course work more harder. Your words of wisdom are encouraging. We need people like you :thumbup:
These users thanked the author appsoluxions for the post (total 2):
mr12323, Ajiboyf

pacois wrote: Tue Sep 18, 2018 12:24 am I think there must also be a further parallel gain to invest in forex, in times of loss or not very favorable, at least you do not starve ..
Pacois my bro,
Mr Jimmy said it all, to sum it all.
Like is so often said:
We trade the strategy and not the market/opportunities.
You and Sal have inspired many too.
Mr Jimmy bless you.
I didn't realise you responded on the first page and to think I touched on some of the same points without Reading yours or post from others.
You guys are all honest here.
This is good
These users thanked the author Ajiboyf for the post:
pacois

trading system from gurus

ardaguney wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:31 pm this is my first post but every day i am openig a page forex-station on my browser i am looking for holy grail like other forex traders. but i understand that there is not . sometimes you feel you found holy grail but after 2-3 weeks you see you have nothing then you are looking for a new one. maybe be you are not a guru of indicators or trading systems like mrtools or mladen but you are expererienced and knowledeged alotttttt on mt4.
i want to learn are gurus trading for live. if yes can they share their trade ideas systems or indicators what ever they can help us. i know the shares not be holy grail but better than our trading ideas.

best regards
Exact what I tried to discuss here
viewtopic.php?p=1295379180#p1295379180
viewtopic.php?f=578480&t=8472636&p=1295 ... 1295379294