Broker historical data files (let's help each other)

Hello everyone! I'm new on this forum, because I've read some good reviews about this forum, so I decided to write it here and I hope we can make something good and useful out of it.

The thing is everyone has problems with not having much historical data from the broker these days and everyone is searching for tick data, probably from another broker, which I think isn't so good if you are trying to backtest your strategy or expert advisor. I have the same problem by the way.

If you make an account with a broker, in the beginning you don't get a lot of data (some brokers do have their own tick data storage), I mean mostly lower time frame data (M1,M5,M15), but the longer you use your account, the more tick data you have and you can use it with you backtesting. That is very important thing while backtesting, to have all the history data you need on all timeframes.

So I though we could help each other with posting the data collection (CSV Excel files), if that is not allowed on the forum, we can do it on private, but I think it's good to help each other with this.

There are many traders on this forum, who have their accounts for long time, so I think they have many more data on use than newer traders.

I use IC MARKETS account and I don't have much tick data, that's why I got that idea, if anyone is interested to help us newer traders to get as much data as possible, that would we awesome.

*Thank you for your help*

Regards, Klemen

Re: Broker historical data files (let's help each other)

Sinks wrote: Wed Sep 12, 2018 3:39 am Hello everyone! I'm new on this forum, because I've read some good reviews about this forum, so I decided to write it here and I hope we can make something good and useful out of it.

The thing is everyone has problems with not having much historical data from the broker these days and everyone is searching for tick data, probably from another broker, which I think isn't so good if you are trying to backtest your strategy or expert advisor. I have the same problem by the way.

If you make an account with a broker, in the beginning you don't get a lot of data (some brokers do have their own tick data storage), I mean mostly lower time frame data (M1,M5,M15), but the longer you use your account, the more tick data you have and you can use it with you backtesting. That is very important thing while backtesting, to have all the history data you need on all timeframes.

So I though we could help each other with posting the data collection (CSV Excel files), if that is not allowed on the forum, we can do it on private, but I think it's good to help each other with this.

There are many traders on this forum, who have their accounts for long time, so I think they have many more data on use than newer traders.

I use IC MARKETS account and I don't have much tick data, that's why I got that idea, if anyone is interested to help us newer traders to get as much data as possible, that would we awesome.

*Thank you for your help*

Regards, Klemen
Hi Klemen
You are welcome here at first
As for any restrictions regarding such kind files,i think that is not a problem for FS,till there is no advertising intention and or linking to out sources,FS is determined to help and cooperate to all traders community
Just keep in mind,always results are different from back testing comparing to live trading,no matter what ever strategy and system users apply
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Re: Broker historical data files (let's help each other)

Just keep in mind,always results are different from back testing comparing to live trading,no matter what ever strategy and system users apply
regards

yes of course I am familiar with this information and what you are saying is totally true and also dangerous for people who don't know this and are satisfied only with backtesting results.
With my experience with manual and automated trading I realised that lower time frame (broker's) data are very important for backtesting if you use it correctly and if you do that, it should not make a huge difference in live environment.

you can download tick data from different brokers, but that doesn't make sense, if you broker's data are different from the tick data.
So the best thing is to collect M1, M5 data every week, but it takes time to collect for example 6 month of M1 data, that's why I made this topic if anyone is having the same problem...if not, than no problem, it was worth trying :)

regards, Klemen