Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

Guys
As already advised and recommended by official staff so many times - please post your "General"queries and questions/request in open forums,it is in your benefits,you can have fast responses from many experts/old members including staff too and it also help other members/users/viewers too
PMs can be used for secrets and or private matters,for general matters,open forums are always best
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Intrest 1 wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 3:35 pm

Thank you. But, there are only indicators based on nma, and most nma is not
NMA (Natural Moving Average) is the basis of almost all ocean theory indicators - check the attached PDF on the first post of that thread and it will become clear
As of NMA : check this post viewtopic.php?p=1294840091#p1294840091
These users thanked the author mladen for the post (total 7):
Jimmy, Krelian99, Eamonn, moey_dw, Intrest 1, talaate, AmirDehghani

mrtools wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 5:10 pm MHL average oscillator 1.2.ex4
Added alerts.
Dear mrtools,

I was looking at MHL average oscillator, where we have 3 version in FS;
MHL average oscillator 1.1.mq4 (default averaging methods and pricing option)
MHL average oscillator 1.2.ex4 (extended averaging methods and extended pricing options)
MHL average oscillator(mtf + alerts).ex4 (same as above with alerts)

Using the default setting values from version 1.1
calc Period =10
ave Period = 50
ave Type= EMA
Price = close

The version 1.1 and 1.2 produce different results. On 1.2 when I increase the ave Period to 100, I don't see any noticeable effect.

Is this the expects result?
Thank you very much.

thiru wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 11:10 am

Dear mrtools,

I was looking at MHL average oscillator, where we have 3 version in FS;
MHL average oscillator 1.1.mq4 (default averaging methods and pricing option)
MHL average oscillator 1.2.ex4 (extended averaging methods and extended pricing options)
MHL average oscillator(mtf + alerts).ex4 (same as above with alerts)

Using the default setting values from version 1.1
calc Period =10
ave Period = 50
ave Type= EMA
Price = close

The version 1.1 and 1.2 produce different results. On 1.2 when I increase the ave Period to 100, I don't see any noticeable effect.

Is this the expects result?

2018-09-15 08_42_41-EURUSD,M5.png

Thank you very much.
I tested with Mladen's ver "MHL averages" (on chart) - i guess the matter coming from average period parameter but Mrtools can better find the matter
Attachments

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:02 pm
I tested with Mladen's ver "MHL averages" (on chart) - i guess the matter coming from average period parameter but Mrtools can better find the matter
thanks mntiwana,

my curiosity point is, with the default values why both produce different results.

Just did another round of test with SMA and TEMA, which typically should produce different results. But the version 1.2 gives the same .. so I suspect something wrong.

thiru wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:19 pm

thanks mntiwana,

my curiosity point is, with the default values why both produce different results.

Just did another round of test with SMA and TEMA, which typically should produce different results. But the version 1.2 gives the same .. so I suspect something wrong.

2018-09-15 16_14_00-EURUSD,H1.png
Nice exercise,i think is the pretty learning mode - :)
let Mrtools come and hope fully he will find the issue