InfoFix: MT4 keeps closing or crashing after loading

Fix: MT4 keeps closing or crashing after loading

A common problem with MT4 is it will enter a loop of closing itself once opened and connected. You don't need to re-install your MT4 or delete your data folder, all you need to do is remove one file called "Community.ini" in the Config folder.

Open your MT4. Just before it closes itself you'll have just enough time to quickly click on FILE and click on OPEN DATA FOLDER.
Once you're in your data folder, open your CONFIG folder.
Inside your CONFIG folder, delete the COMMUNITY.INI file.
Restart your MT4 client and it will no longer close itself once loaded!
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 6):
KAESER444, Krunal Gajjar, Narutopips, mr12323, Jedidiah, Sepo
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Fix: MT4 keeps closing or crashing after loading

That file is not viewable in editor. Is it really needed?
Mostly it helps if mt4 crashes after restarts to rename the currently used profile in datafolder /profiles. Often it is enough to delete the biggest (often corrupt) chartXX.chr in your last used profile. After restart choose another profile.
So save your profile more often with other names or make backups of mt4 (all older mt4 chart data is in folder history, you will miss old candles or have gaps in chart if you loose this data as the broker server has only last x candles to load.

FrancoisT wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:08 pm I am not sure, is this a good idea to delete something from "config" folder :) If I saw such issue, I will prefer to reinstall the platform :) It takes 10 seconds. However, I have tried many platforms, but didn't experienced such issue yet. Probably it will be good to test, if after deleting the file, the platform will work properly as well :)
Re-installing the platform does not work. The only way to do it is either completely wipe your MT4 folders and start with a fresh install or simply delete the "Community.ini" file and save the trouble of having to re-install and install everything (plus lose your charts etc). The "Community.ini" file is useless anyway.

I've been doing it for the past 2 years now and it hasn't affected my live trading.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 5):
moey_dw, pacois, macd & rsi, BeatlemaniaSA, Krunal Gajjar
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

FrancoisT wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:08 pm I am not sure, is this a good idea to delete something from "config" folder :) If I saw such issue, I will prefer to reinstall the platform :) It takes 10 seconds. However, I have tried many platforms, but didn't experienced such issue yet. Probably it will be good to test, if after deleting the file, the platform will work properly as well :)
To me my tip worked several times on several operating systems. Usually a chart file is invalid.

Jimmy wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:29 pm Fix: MT4 keeps closing or crashing after loading

A common problem with MT4 is it will enter a loop of closing itself once opened and connected. You don't need to re-install your MT4 or delete your data folder, all you need to do is remove one file called "Community.ini" in the Config folder.

Open your MT4. Just before it closes itself you'll have just enough time to quickly click on FILE and click on OPEN DATA FOLDER.

Once you're in your data folder, open your CONFIG folder.

Inside your CONFIG folder, delete the COMMUNITY.INI file.

Restart your MT4 client and it will no longer close itself once loaded!
Thank you Jimmy. This worked
These users thanked the author KAESER444 for the post:
BeatlemaniaSA
LIFE IS WAR