Re: Is It Safe To Trade Pure Technical Analysis Or Do You Need News Too?

As far as I know the word news is used too freely.
If you refer to the day to day news.
It has no effect on long-term trading or higher timeframe positions.
However forecast based on economic policies of major currencies do have medium or long term impact . these I would not want to classify into the normal news pool since economic policies and regulatory adjustment are done due to economic data which in itself is not news but is obtained after the activities of demand and supply.
All to often the issue of sentiment comes into play.

So as I said what can be considered news may be true news (which should not impact over medium or long term)

Were then do we classify local markets adjustment in form of regulatory policies and ratings since even without formal announcements they still have a long-term or medium term impact.

Also I have been opportune to personally meet traders who do not factor news into trading decisions but make good from every situation.
They simply stick to stricture analysis knowing the market behavior will give them a clear direction.
These users thanked the author Ajiboyf for the post:
navid110

Re: Is It Safe To Trade Pure Technical Analysis Or Do You Need News Too?

Ajiboyf wrote: Sun Aug 19, 2018 11:29 pm As far as I know the word news is used too freely.
If you refer to the day to day news.
It has no effect on long-term trading or higher timeframe positions.
However forecast based on economic policies of major currencies do have medium or long term impact . these I would not want to classify into the normal news pool since economic policies and regulatory adjustment are done due to economic data which in itself is not news but is obtained after the activities of demand and supply.
All to often the issue of sentiment comes into play.

So as I said what can be considered news may be true news (which should not impact over medium or long term)

Were then do we classify local markets adjustment in form of regulatory policies and ratings since even without formal announcements they still have a long-term or medium term impact.

Also I have been opportune to personally meet traders who do not factor news into trading decisions but make good from every situation.
They simply stick to stricture analysis knowing the market behavior will give them a clear direction.
In my opinion information is most times referred to as news and vice versa, since news is considered any information that originates from a source relevant to that information.
That being the case, what if the 'information' does not originate from a relevant source.
will such still be considered news,therein lies the dissonance of this topic!!
These users thanked the author Ajiboyf for the post:
vvFish