Re: Wave trend Oscillator

mrtools wrote: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:39 am

Usually I start having problems like that when I have too many indicator files in my indicator folder, usually if i delete some of the files it gets better.
Mrtools
Thanks, the threshold use to be a 1000 looks like it’s 1500, sometimes, at this time.
I’ll test the wave indicator.
Again thanks
ray

Mrtools
I believe the WT with the source code would sever me best, If you could convert it to a MTF and MAXBARS.

This has the old array coding it needs an update to make the code more efficient, if you could be so kind it would be helpful or you could strip away the priority items and give me the source code of your stripped indicator. The others eat up a lot of CPU especially when I use 3 or 4. I don't need the price & method extravaganza .

I believe I could ,copy & paste my way through the code to get me where I want to be if you would be so kind as to add the above items..

The other non source code indicators aren't flexible enough without the source code.

Appreciate your interest & help
Ray
These users thanked the author traderduke for the post:
Ajiboyf

mrtools wrote: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:46 am

I am not sure but think the trend wave I have is close to the same as wave trend without the dots, but since I have been burned too many times will not release the source code but am willing to work on it to make any necessary changes, this version is bare bones with no coloring yet, so please help verify if they are the same for me and will continue.
mrtools
They are the same but;
1. one thing worries me, on your wave the CURRENT candle in the data window shows empty (see the chart). The prior candles are OK (see the chart).
2. Any chance you could make buffer8, which I'm not sure what it shows, read the signal cross (see the chart).

I appreciate your offer

thank you
Ray

no reading on current candle no reading on current candle

your prior candle is exactly the same as wt1.5 your prior candle is exactly the same as wt1.5

traderduke wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 9:49 pm

mrtools
They are the same but;
1. one thing worries me, on your wave the CURRENT candle in the data window shows empty (see the chart). The prior candles are OK (see the chart).
2. Any chance you could make buffer8, which I'm not sure what it shows, read the signal cross (see the chart).

I appreciate your offer

thank you
Ray

8-5-2018 7-40-16 AM-mtwave-no-readings.png

8-5-2018 7-40-16 AM-mtwave-ok.png

8-5-2018 7-40-16 AM-mtwave-buffer8.png

trend wave osc(mtf + alerts).ex4
Will see what i can do.

mrtools wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:03 am

Will see what i can do.

mrtools
I appreciate your help, is their anything I can do to expedite the process? I'm setting up the EA with 3 time frames, one of which is current which doesn't show up in the data window, that is my biggest concern at this time. Even the "trend wave oscillator" that I have the source code is empty on the current candle, are you getting anywhere with this problem?

I see mladen answering questions over at FF, the WT 1.5 is his indicator. Should I ask him to set the (WT 1.5 trend buffer #13) to trend the "signal level cross" instead of the "outer level cross"? I am confused as to who is connected to whom these days. I'm not trying to start any trouble but it seems to be an easy request but meeting a lot of resistance.

thank you
Ray

traderduke wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 5:04 am

mrtools
I appreciate your help, is their anything I can do to expedite the process? I'm setting up the EA with 3 time frames, one of which is current which doesn't show up in the data window, that is my biggest concern at this time. Even the "trend wave oscillator" that I have the source code is empty on the current candle, are you getting anywhere with this problem?

I see mladen answering questions over at FF, the WT 1.5 is his indicator. Should I ask him to set the (WT 1.5 trend buffer #13) to trend the "signal level cross" instead of the "outer level cross"? I am confused as to who is connected to whom these days. I'm not trying to start any trouble but it seems to be an easy request but meeting a lot of resistance.

thank you
Ray
Probably best to ask Mladen, not sure how he did his version.

traderduke wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:09 am mladen
Please give me one more chance to show my problem with WTO 1.5. This chart shows WTO 1.5 option 0,1,2 & 4 with visual changes that reflect the option but the buffer13 only shows option 4, what am I doing wrong???? or is something broke.

See attached chart;

8-10-2018 12-45-27 PM-wave 4 buffers.png
Buffer explorer (at least the one that I have written) is using default parameters - check that

Mladen
I’m using your explorer from:
viewtopic.php?f=578623&t=8472117&p=1295 ... 1295357063

Yes, I see that it’s only reading the default, is there any chance you can change that??

I changed my EA to read the 13 buffer and the differences are clear! My problem, I should have trusted you and not the buffer reading from the start, I apologize for being so thick. I was telling you all along the buffer was only reading option4 but somehow we never connected.

I am using a GET function that works on several other MTFs. They calculate the MTF and current with no problem, is any chance you can tell me why WTO 1.5 creates the multi run problem when I use the current TF on the EA. This will be a major problem when I try to run 3 TFs, (current M5), M15 & M30.

Any help would be really appreciated
Thank you
Ray

PSS: By the way, my GET function gets the same reaction with mrtool's trend wave indicator when using current,
it must be some wave distortion, :lol: please help

See attached: