Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Re: Outbox/Sent messages

MX01 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:05 am Hi there

Is it necessary that sent messages (private messages area) go into "outbox" mode first?

A private message that I sent to some member has been in "outbox" all day and not arrived to him yet! Why?

How can this be fixed?

Thanks
When you send a private message it will sit in the Outbox until it is read by the recipient. Once it is actually opened by the recipient and read, it will then disappear from the Outbox.

So whenever you send a PM and you see it sitting in your Outbox for some time, this means it was sent and delivered already it's just waiting to be read.

I don't know why it was designed like that but it is just how it is with PhpBB forum software.

Hope this clears it up for you.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 2):
MX01, mtp
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Outbox

Jimmy wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:38 am
When you send a private message it will sit in the Outbox until it is read by the recipient. Once it is actually opened by the recipient and read, it will then disappear from the Outbox.

So whenever you send a PM and you see it sitting in your Outbox for some time, this means it was sent and delivered already it's just waiting to be read.

I don't know why it was designed like that but it is just how it is with PhpBB forum software.

Hope this clears it up for you.
Oh thanks for clarification, didn't know.

Re: Outbox

MX01 wrote: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:52 am Oh thanks for clarification, didn't know.
Haha don't worry I was confused about it too when I first tried to send a PM.

Have a good weekend man :ugeek:
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.

Outbox/Sent messages

I got a question regarding
OUTBOX and sent messages

what is the difference? I ask because I had 2pm´s that I replied to. My answer from the first one went to sent messages the answer to the second one went to outbox?

Im not sure the ones in outbox were actually sent.

thanks in advance
Attachments

Re: Outbox/Sent messages

constbln wrote: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:51 am I got a question regarding
OUTBOX and sent messages

what is the difference? I ask because I had 2pm´s that I replied to. My answer from the first one went to sent messages the answer to the second one went to outbox?

Im not sure the ones in outbox were actually sent.

thanks in advance
Merged with existing topic. Basically, if messages are in your Outbox, they haven't been read or seen yet. Once they are in your Sent Items, they've been read and seen by the recipient.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
constbln