Discipline

discipline

1. the practice of training people to obey rules or a code of behaviour, using punishment to correct disobedience.

Punishment will be , losing money.

We need 3 things to be a successful trader.

1. Trend. We must trade to right direction, or we lose money.
2. Entry.
3. Exit.
These users thanked the author FBI for the post:
moey_dw

Re: Discipline

I learned the three pillars are:

I: Bulletproofed strategy
II: MM/RM
III: Psychology

Fails one, fails all three. Don't repeat the nonsense as many beginners - you can trade against the trend and be very profitable (many pros do so), but never trade against the market aka SmartMoney - then you loose money.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post:
moey_dw

1. Trend change, usually looks like this, violent move. Also, price was under S2, came above, and support turned to resistance.
2. Mark that area, where price started to move, it will be tested.
3. Test: Price outside channel and TSI gives signal.
4. Breakout, mark that area, price comes back to test.
5. Same as 3. + support turned to resistance.
6. Breakout
Yellow area. Price between MA and MAMA, this is a place where pressure is build up for next move.
Attachments

Krelian99 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:59 am I learned the three pillars are:

I: Bulletproofed strategy
II: MM/RM
III: Psychology

Fails one, fails all three. Don't repeat the nonsense as many beginners - you can trade against the trend and be very profitable (many pros do so), but never trade against the market aka SmartMoney - then you loose money.
i think if someone is putting in efforts to post something positively, it is imperative that rather then to put criticism straight away, it is better to understand what his strategy is.

if you feel you have more grey hairs of experience on your head then him, then you can add something good to his strategy , that will help everyone here on this forum and that is most important thing.

there is no bulletproof strategy in trading,

and those people who trade against the trend are the real traders that provides fuel to continuation of ongoing trend by loosing their money, as market keeps them squeezing !!

rijay wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 2:26 pm i think if someone is putting in efforts to post something positively, it is imperative that rather then to put criticism straight away, it is better to understand what his strategy is.

if you feel you have more grey hairs of experience on your head then him, then you can add something good to his strategy , that will help everyone here on this forum and that is most important thing.

there is no bulletproof strategy in trading,

and those people who trade against the trend are the real traders that provides fuel to continuation of ongoing trend by loosing their money, as market keeps them squeezing !!
As I wrote my post there was no strategy, only the first post and you, ok... everyone else than you would agree with me that trading is much more than trend-entry-exit. Anyway, this is a forum where you can discuss things out and this is what I do here. I'm here to help people, the truth is hard and the cake is a lie. Nowhere more than here at trading markets. Constructive Criticism helps, at least I hope. Your beginner advices helps noone.

When I was at Zulutrade my first half year of trading (I tried also myself but was to bad, of course) there were two traders, a Chinese and a South-African guy who had a hitrate of 90% and above with 20-60 pips each trade in 1-3 hours. The other traders I followed were around 60% but lost more than they earned at the end. Guess which style the two run and which the others. I also read a sentence these days: Beginners Buy on a bullish candle or move, Pros Buy on a bearish candle or move. I don't know whether it was on Babypips (sorry, so much to do and places to be these days :cray: ), when I looked for your Y1-down-to-M1-scalping-advice. BTW, have you done it and can you show me the text at Babypips?

When you have an approach and know why the market behaves like it does and you choose your tools for that you get to know market and tools better and better and one day you may have a bulletproof strategy. And you better have, since the others have tools you don't have, but I'm tired to tell you the same over and over again. You just don't listen.

NTL, even when the strategy here presented looks a bit arbitrarily to me and has issues, it's a start of building a strategy. It has good points. I doubt that someone as an Enlightenment when seeing this strategy but hey... I didn't criticized the strategy but the 3 points. And why is it called Discipline?

Krelian99 wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 5:30 pm

As I wrote my post there was no strategy, only the first post and you, ok... everyone else than you would agree with me that trading is much more than trend-entry-exit. Anyway, this is a forum where you can discuss things out and this is what I do here. I'm here to help people, the truth is hard and the cake is a lie. Nowhere more than here at trading markets. Constructive Criticism helps, at least I hope. Your beginner advices helps noone.

When I was at Zulutrade my first half year of trading (I tried also myself but was to bad, of course) there were two traders, a Chinese and a South-African guy who had a hitrate of 90% and above with 20-60 pips each trade in 1-3 hours. The other traders I followed were around 60% but lost more than they earned at the end. Guess which style the two run and which the others. I also read a sentence these days: Beginners Buy on a bullish candle or move, Pros Buy on a bearish candle or move. I don't know whether it was on Babypips (sorry, so much to do and places to be these days :cray: ), when I looked for your Y1-down-to-M1-scalping-advice. BTW, have you done it and can you show me the text at Babypips?

When you have an approach and know why the market behaves like it does and you choose your tools for that you get to know market and tools better and better and one day you may have a bulletproof strategy. And you better have, since the others have tools you don't have, but I'm tired to tell you the same over and over again. You just don't listen.

NTL, even when the strategy here presented looks a bit arbitrarily to me and has issues, it's a start of building a strategy. It has good points. I doubt that someone as an Enlightenment when seeing this strategy but hey... I didn't criticized the strategy but the 3 points. And why is it called Discipline?
so what are the things that you will add or suggest to improvise this strategy posted here ?

rijay wrote: Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:07 pm so what are the things that you will add or suggest to improvise this strategy posted here ?
As told it is the start and important things are missing. So more post are needed to understand for people what to do. The areas are ok, much to wide, but ok. For traders not drawing the S/R manually it's not comprehensible in my eyes. Very good, that FBI draws the S/R manually.

"2. Mark that area, where price started to move, it will be tested." and "4. Breakout, mark that area, price comes back to test." says to me he didn't understand S/R yet.