DislikeWhy traders should not use mobile MT4 as their primary trading platform for technical analysis

Why traders should not use mobile MT4 as their primary trading platform for technical analysis

In an age of smart phones and tablets many people are using their portable devices for trading. Which brings us to write this post on why you shouldn't use the mobile MT4 for Android or iOS as your only trading platform.

Although this seems like common sense to experienced traders, there are quite a few people on social media who are glamorizing and encouraging new traders to "just use mobile MT4 and you'll be fine" and even some brokers who are telling their clients to use mobile MT4 as their only trading platform because it's "faster" :wtf:

Mobile MT4's indicators aren't accurate

Load the RSI on your mobile MT4 and you'll see that if you draw trendlines or divergence lines on your RSI, after a few hours the mobile MT4 RSI will usually re-calculate itself and completely shift off the lines you've drawn.

Below shows the RSI on CADJPY. Several hours later you can see the trendline is no longer aligned with the indicator as previously drawn.
Mobile MT4's trendlines "move" and don't align on different timeframes

One of the most obvious issues with mobile MT4 is when you draw trendlines on the mobile chart quite frequently you'll see price totally misaligned with your trendline on other timeframes. So if you're using mobile MT4 as your primary trading platform there are many instances where one timeframe will show that price has broken or has been contained within the trendline when it's actually the opposite way around.

Below shows a trendline drawn on the GBPJPY Daily mobile chart which has "broken" resistance. Zoom down into the 4 hour mobile chart and the picture tells you a different story. Which chart is correct?
That being said we do consider MT4 for mobile to be one of the best mobile trading platforms in terms of performance, speed and usability but due to the charting issues, you should definitely be aware of before you start doing technical analysis on your mobile MT4.

Always do your primary trading on your desktop or laptop pc and only use mobile MT4 to monitor or close trades! :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post (total 6):
Krelian99, moey_dw, pitchief, Upgrade, Dondbaze, StuartWong
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Re: Why traders should not use mobile MT4 as their primary trading platform for technical analysis

Actually, the idea to use mobile platform as the main trading tool is not so good at all. You need to have big enough screen to be able to see the full picture, to analyse situation. As for me, there are three main scenarios, when mobile platform is necessary:

1. To watch current mid-term positions without computer.
2. To be able to open the trade when the sutiation you are waiting for appears at the moment you do not have access to computer.
3. To be able to close your position in case of problems with main computer or network (as phone has its own connection).

In other cases, even old cheap notebook is better.
These users thanked the author J_C_Anderson for the post (total 3):
Jimmy, navid110, dw13

Re: Why traders should not use mobile MT4 as their primary trading platform for technical analysis

J_C_Anderson wrote: Sat Oct 20, 2018 6:56 am Actually, the idea to use mobile platform as the main trading tool is not so good at all. You need to have big enough screen to be able to see the full picture, to analyse situation. As for me, there are three main scenarios, when mobile platform is necessary:
1. To watch current mid-term positions without computer.
2. To be able to open the trade when the sutiation you are waiting for appears at the moment you do not have access to computer.
3. To be able to close your position in case of problems with main computer or network (as phone has its own connection).

In other cases, even old cheap notebook is better.
Absolutely mate. Spot on.
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

LikeRe: Why traders should not use mobile MT4 as their primary trading platform for technical analysis

Freevestor wrote: Tue Oct 23, 2018 1:13 am You would think that it was bad enough to trade manually... then you read something like this.
that is tbe truth yes :exclaim:
These users thanked the author moey_dw for the post:
Jimmy
Official Forex-station GIF animator at your service 👨‍⚖️
See a GIF with Forex-station.com on it? I probably made it
The best divergence indicator in the world.
Real news exists: Infowars.com 👈

Yep.
What is more, a lot of people use desktop computers or laptops connected to more than one screen to make a proper analysis and trade, I don't think such a set up is in any way comparable to a mobile device, even one with a largish screen. Mobile devices do have their uses though, obviously if you're out and about you'd want to keep a close eye on your trading.

I can not understand why people are using mobile smartphones anyway, so reliable analysis can not be done on such a small screen. I get eye cancer :cry: .
The speed of Mobile MT4 is not an argument for me either. Half an second slower is an eternity in automatic robot EA trading, but in my opinion not so important for manual trading.
In the post I have now read that lines and indicators are not displayed correctly in the chart and so MT4 Mobile is anyway a bad alternative for me.
Thanks Jimmy for this useful info. :thumbup:
Work hard,make much Money,but always stay social and correct for all living things.