Re: MT4 Indicators with alerts/signals

Hi forum!

First i want to thank mrTools for this super indicator, the Trend Envelope MTF. I've been backtesting it on M5 chart with Envelope on H4. On 8:35 gave an alert that Envelope trend changed Down and then trend reverted back to UP and the Envelope did not give alert of trend changing back to up.

Do you think you can change the indicator so that it gives alert if trend continues? So the envelope changed to red for about an hour and then somewhere at 10 AM changed back to Green, but with no alert. I set to alert on current bar for early entries.

Same thing happened at 09.01.2018 at 5:15, later trend changed to down.

I love your work!
Attachments

mitzescu wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:59 pm Hi forum!

First i want to thank mrTools for this super indicator, the Trend Envelope MTF. I've been backtesting it on M5 chart with Envelope on H4. On 8:35 gave an alert that Envelope trend changed Down and then trend reverted back to UP and the Envelope did not give alert of trend changing back to up.

Do you think you can change the indicator so that it gives alert if trend continues? So the envelope changed to red for about an hour and then somewhere at 10 AM changed back to Green, but with no alert. I set to alert on current bar for early entries.

I love your work!
please upload indicator.
To be consistently profitable is to pick the right strategy for what price is doing, not what we think price will do.

mitzescu wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:59 pm Hi forum!

I love your work!
Hi Mitzescu,
Using the Tr.Env. with a setting of H4 on M5, will obviously behave precisely the way that you have describe it - it is after all a 4 hour TF you are using on M5 and it is normal that the M5 will eventually also close at H4. You cannot change that at all, What would be the point to have an alert when that happens? It is long after the fact.
Blessings.

Hercs wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:46 pm
Hi Mitzescu,
Using the Tr.Env. with a setting of H4 on M5, will obviously behave precisely the way that you have describe it - it is after all a 4 hour TF you are using on M5 and it is normal that the M5 will eventually also close at H4. You cannot change that at all, What would be the point to have an alert when that happens? It is long after the fact.
Blessings.

As an example, i have this Trendlines based on ZigZag MTF. So i can stay on H1 chart, the indi will be set to draw trendlines based on H4 ZZ and give alert on first 15M candle that passes this line or any other TF candle. So giving alert on first 15M candle that passes that trendline will be earlier and a 4H candle alert will come later. So basicaly 4 H1 candles have to pass in order to give alert or 1/4 H1 candle (M15) has to pass in order to give alert.
Would be nice to add such a feature.

I want to thank you again for the great work the contributors are doing here! Thank you!
These users thanked the author mitzescu for the post:
Hercs