Re: How exactly is the individual currency strength calculated?

rijay wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:13 am all nuclearwarheads are now covered by antiproliferation treaty, so it is hard to find the exact way to find,- to calculate currency strength, in middle of different methods tried, that gives early signals,

that is why you will not find any-many currency strength meters coded by mladen and mrtools over the years!

good luck to you .
My point currently is not to find 'early signals' but more about the understanding the whole concept about individual currency strength. Because I dont exactly understand if the equation I mentioned previously could be solved without adding extra conditions.

Btw. I found a code for currency strength indicator done my mladen which I am attaching here. This is the code which I am currently trying to understand.
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.

shaileshm wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:30 am

My point is not to find 'early signals' but more about the understanding the whole concept about individual currency strength. Because I dont exactly understand if the equation I mentioned previously could be solved without adding extra conditions.

Btw. Mladen has a a currency strength indicator which I am attaching here. This is the code which I am currently trying to understand.
There r different elements that u can consider.
Strength can be based purely on price action
, or daily ranges for intra day trading,
Or can be based on indicator strength
Among many methods.

rijay wrote: Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:42 am
There r different elements that u can consider.
Strength can be based purely on price action
, or daily ranges for intra day trading,
Or can be based on indicator strength
Among many methods.

Alright, then lets look daily range for example. Lets say at the beginning of day we have :
EUR(i)/USD(i) = xi, USD(i)/JPY(i) = yi, EUR(i)/JPY(i) = zi

and at the end of day
EUR(f)/USD(f) = xf, USD(f)/JPY(f) = yf, EUR(f)/JPY(f) = zf.

From the above six equations its still not possible to get the quantities (EUR(f), USD(f), JPY(f)) or the change (EUR(f)-EUR(i), USD(f)-USD(i), JPY(f)- JPY(i)). Right?
Or am I missing something?
Know Thy Setup. Know Thyself.