Re: Various Expert Advisors

Hercs wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 12:45 am Hello MrTools,

When coding an EA, would it be possible to use the Hi / Lo for entries or does it have to be CLOSE ?
I understand that Trend Envelopes cannot be coded into an EA?

Looking forward to hearing from you.
Bestregards,
Yes it's possible and far as I know Trend envelopes can be coded into an EA.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Hercs

Hercs wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 6:35 pm
Good morning MrTools.
Thank you for your quick reply. I will inform the coder who told me "NO"
Blessings.
A little push to Mrtools explanation
here is "igord" - "TrendEnvelopeExpert_v2.2_eurusd" version EA using "TrendEnvelopes_v2" version indicator -
using few extra indicators along with too
AddSignal_v1
MACDofHA_v1
MAofHA_v1
TrendStrength_v2
as recommended by author used within M15 TF - i have not tested it though,just found in old stuff
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
Hercs
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Good morning MrTools,
( and evening Mntiwana),

Thank you both of you for your kind assistance - I will test the EA you posted Mntiwana, but mine is a little more complicated.
I met Timmy Hanke on this Forum and what a nice person he is. So unselfishly assisting everyone that asks, but understandably he cannot continuously do upgrades as I am testing them and now I have a request that a second Trend Envelope be added to the existing one which will be the CURRENT TREND direction. (The one currently used is for direction within the current Trend)

I know it will be fairly easy for you MrTools to add such an extra Tr.Env. but for your work-load and therefore, before I send the EA to you, I wish to enquire whether you have the time and interest to make this one change for me, please?

Trusting that this request meets with your favourable approval.

Blessings.

Hercs wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:13 pm Good morning MrTools,
( and evening Mntiwana),

Thank you both of you for your kind assistance - I will test the EA you posted Mntiwana, but mine is a little more complicated.
I met Timmy Hanke on this Forum and what a nice person he is. So unselfishly assisting everyone that asks, but understandably he cannot continuously do upgrades as I am testing them and now I have a request that a second Trend Envelope be added to the existing one which will be the CURRENT TREND direction. (The one currently used is for direction within the current Trend)

I know it will be fairly easy for you MrTools to add such an extra Tr.Env. but for your work-load and therefore, before I send the EA to you, I wish to enquire whether you have the time and interest to make this one change for me, please?

Trusting that this request meets with your favourable approval.

Blessings.
Yes it's no problem, should have some time in the next couple of days.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Hercs

mrtools wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:57 am

Yes it's no problem, should have some time in the next couple of days.
Good morning MrTools,
Trust you had a restful night.
Herewith the EA, but I am not attaching any indicators unless you request me to do so.
Should you wish to test it, would you mind just exchanging my Tr.Env. with one of yours so that you can confirm that it works.

Problem is that it should wait to enter when the candle closes above / below the Tr.Env. and in this case (although it runs the Tr.Env.) it still takes the trade on the close of the EMA. ( So my request is for you to rectify this glitch plse)

Secondly add the 55-ema Tr.Env. as TREND in which case the EA will not take any counter trend trades. The 12-ema Tr.Env. will place orders in the direction of the Trend.

Thanking you most sincerely,

So many times experts explained widely - any code (indicators,EAs) those coded by softwares are not reliable,more over such codes takes much time for correction than to code a new one manually (human)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.