Re: Cryptocurrency

Or maybe they do care about regulation?

CryptoUK, a self-regulatory organization for companies involved with cryptocurrencies, whose members include Coinbase, CEX.IO, CoinFloor and others, has allegedly contacted several Members of Parliament (MPs) with a proposal to implement regulation in the sphere.

The request is for the financial Conduct Authority (FCA) to start overseeing what we have frequently called “entry level” companies – exchanges accepting fiat currencies payments for the purchase of cryprocurrencies. According to the proposal, this should be done under the existing peer-to-peer finance legislation and not the rules applies for financial market intermediaries.

The Cyprus Securities and Exchange Commission (CySEC) issued new guidelines regarding the cryptocurrency products offered by the plethora of brokers overseen by them. The country is a popular choice of those who are looking to do business in the European Union, as being regulate there grants you access to clients in all member states.

The document begins by reiterating the key principle established by European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) – “while cryptocurrencies themselves aren’t seen as financial instruments, derivatives, such as CFDs, based on them are”. This immediately implies all companies in Cyprus which offer these assets (the majority of forex brokers) should be overseen by the local watchdog and follow the appropriate rules. They include a procedure for verifying the price quotes provided, as well as cutting the maximum leverage offered to 1:2.

Hi all. What do you think of trading crypto in 2018? I am a bit scared of China’s regulations and high volatility of Bitcoin. Is it a good idea to start trading now or it’s better to invest in stocks? Also, what exchange can you recommend? I've read that cex is pretty simple for newcomers, so should I start there or research more?

linoklanos wrote: Sat May 19, 2018 1:29 am Hi all. What do you think of trading crypto in 2018? I am a bit scared of China’s regulations and high volatility of Bitcoin. Is it a good idea to start trading now or it’s better to invest in stocks? Also, what exchange can you recommend? I've read that cex is pretty simple for newcomers, so should I start there or research more?
I don't know what to tell you, to be honest. It was good to catch the rally that Bitcoin did months ago, but now? If you do trade cryptocurrencies, I advise you to be careful.

The Ontario Securities Commission (OSC) has warned residents of BTCReal, BitSerial, Hypercube Ventures LP, CabinCoin OÜ, and BaapPay Inc. These companies target Canadian investors and are all supposedly connected to cryptocurrencies. The warning comes as they are not registered in Ontario to solicit investments or provide advice on investing in, buying or selling securities.

What is more, the companies in question give unrealistic promises about large future profits in a short amount of time and have a highly non-transparent business model.

Bitcoin is volatile from one side and the large spreads offered by brokers (under CFDs) from another side may lead to large risk.
That is why, much more safety could be trading of cheaper cryptos, BUT on Crypto exchange. The lower price cryptos more or less follows the crypto leader coins and could be used as a "low cost" trading version of the BTC or Ether and etc. :)