Re: BINARY OPTIONS TRADING STRATEGY & IDEAS

I love MT4 because it's so light on the CPU and has 1000's & 1000's of indicators and amazing coders like here in this forum but after testing so many in the past months none are giving me consistent results. They seem all great for Spot Forex trading where you have more time for the price to play out but for Binaries the failure rate is so high.

Not talking about strategies necessarily but just standalone indicator-signals like arrows or other cross-over/ color signals, etc. Because I was looking for one with good consistent results (not "Holy Grail" 100% but at least 70-80%) where you can apply martingale.

The best arrow signal so far I came across is not for MT4 but for ThinkOrSwim, which is called "Tony Arrows". It's not perfect but it's giving nice consistent results and not afraid to apply martingale on it.

Attached screenshot (M1 chart examples for 1M expiry) and the code for ThinkOrSwim, not sure if some MT4 expert can de-code it and reverse engineer it for MT4 but here it is anyway.

Code: Select all

#
# tony lipton
# arrows version
#

declare upper;

def vmacBI = ((((((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3)[1], 3)) < ((reference RSI(14)[2] - reference RSI(14)[11]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3)[2], 3))) * (((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3)[1], 3)) < ((reference RSI(14) - reference RSI(14)[9]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)))) * (((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3)[1], 3)) > Lowest(((reference RSI(14) - reference RSI(14)[9]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)), 21)))  * (reference RSI(14)[1] < Lowest(reference RSI(14)[2], 21)));

def vmacSS = ((((((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)[1]) > ((reference RSI(14)[2] - reference RSI(14)[11]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)[2])) * (((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)[1]) > ((reference RSI(14) - reference RSI(14)[9]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)))) * (((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)[1]) < Highest(((reference RSI(14) - reference RSI(14)[9]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)), 21)))  * (reference RSI(14)[1] > Highest(reference RSI(14), 21)[2]));

plot DataBI = vmacBI[-1];
plot DataSS = vmacSS[-1];

DataBI.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
DataSS.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);

DataSS.AssignValueColor(Color.YELLOW);
DataBI.AssignValueColor(Color.YELLOW);

Alert(DataBI or (DataSS), GetSymbol() + ": ARROW", Alert.BAR, Sound.DING);

Alert(vmacBI or (vmacSS), GetSymbol() + ": ARROW", Alert.BAR, Sound.DING);

MX01 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 8:34 pm I love MT4 because it's so light on the CPU and has 1000's & 1000's of indicators and amazing coders like here in this forum but after testing so many in the past months none are giving me consistent results. They seem all great for Spot Forex trading where you have more time for the price to play out but for Binaries the failure rate is so high.

Not talking about strategies necessarily but just standalone indicator-signals like arrows or other cross-over/ color signals, etc. Because I was looking for one with good consistent results (not "Holy Grail" 100% but at least 70-80%) where you can apply martingale.

The best arrow signal so far I came across is not for MT4 but for ThinkOrSwim, which is called "Tony Arrows". It's not perfect but it's giving nice consistent results and not afraid to apply martingale on it.

Attached screenshot (M1 chart examples for 1M expiry) and the code for ThinkOrSwim, not sure if some MT4 expert can de-code it and reverse engineer it for MT4 but here it is anyway.

Code: Select all

#
# tony lipton
# arrows version
#

declare upper;

def vmacBI = ((((((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3)[1], 3)) < ((reference RSI(14)[2] - reference RSI(14)[11]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3)[2], 3))) * (((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3)[1], 3)) < ((reference RSI(14) - reference RSI(14)[9]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)))) * (((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3)[1], 3)) > Lowest(((reference RSI(14) - reference RSI(14)[9]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)), 21)))  * (reference RSI(14)[1] < Lowest(reference RSI(14)[2], 21)));

def vmacSS = ((((((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)[1]) > ((reference RSI(14)[2] - reference RSI(14)[11]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)[2])) * (((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)[1]) > ((reference RSI(14) - reference RSI(14)[9]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)))) * (((reference RSI(14)[1] - reference RSI(14)[10]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)[1]) < Highest(((reference RSI(14) - reference RSI(14)[9]) + SimpleMovingAvg(reference RSI(3), 3)), 21)))  * (reference RSI(14)[1] > Highest(reference RSI(14), 21)[2]));

plot DataBI = vmacBI[-1];
plot DataSS = vmacSS[-1];

DataBI.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_UP);
DataSS.SetPaintingStrategy(PaintingStrategy.BOOLEAN_ARROW_DOWN);

DataSS.AssignValueColor(Color.YELLOW);
DataBI.AssignValueColor(Color.YELLOW);

Alert(DataBI or (DataSS), GetSymbol() + ": ARROW", Alert.BAR, Sound.DING);

Alert(vmacBI or (vmacSS), GetSymbol() + ": ARROW", Alert.BAR, Sound.DING);
Screen Shot 2018-03-27 at 11.03.52.png
I agree MX1, especially in whipsaw situations indicators have trouble.

MX01 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:59 pm It's a bit frustrating because with so many uncountable indicators and such a big MT4 community it's strange that there are not more powerful, reliable signals.

Even commercial ones are mostly BS or scam.

I guess it must be impossible to create something with consistent results because price action is so random.
S/R is the key..thats the only magical signal you can rely on..i've tried so many indicators but you cant go up against a person that has way more money than you jus because an arrow says so.

If we can get an indi that can measure the amount of resistance being applied to price from both bulls and bears at any given time and on multiple timeframes that could be a start.

Maybe..

bullandbear_v1

the only problem for me of S / R, and that you do not know if it rebounds or if it continues its trend, that's why the indicators are not important, but our moves, our strategy is a battle, that only the generals with more means (Money) and with more cold decision making can be implemented ... my humble opinion from inexperienced ....
These users thanked the author pacois for the post:
Deez

Deez wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:18 pm

S/R is the key..thats the only magical signal you can rely on..i've tried so many indicators but you cant go up against a person that has way more money than you jus because an arrow says so.

If we can get an indi that can measure the amount of resistance being applied to price from both bulls and bears at any given time and on multiple timeframes that could be a start.

Maybe..
Yes I wish there was some signal that took mtf S&R levels into consideration with combining other stuff to create an ultimate arrow :)

MX01 wrote: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:36 pm

Yes I wish there was some signal that took mtf S&R levels into consideration with combining other stuff to create an ultimate arrow :)
Me with the little knowledge of code, I could not, sometimes it lasted a few weeks, but then they do not work, then come back to work, I did not understand how to decipher a type of market, the best for binary options, always a mine modest opinion is that with a deep and fast zig zag