Re: EUR/USD

Euro/dollar, "marking time". However, even the "sluggish" activity which is still present in the tool gives investors understand what the global mood is not in favour of the American currency. The current quote for EUR/USD - 1,1880.
Macroeconomic calendar this week, "almost sterile". On Monday, the statistics have not been published on the occasion of Catholic Christmas, on the eve of the countries continued to relax on vacation, the part is slowly returning to trading. Today's calendar is also not overloaded with reports: in the afternoon it is empty, in the second half of the day the U.S. will release data on pending transactions in the secondary housing market in November and consumer confidence index Conference Board in December.
Hardly exchange activity these days is something special. The week between Christmas and New year is traditionally very quiet. To his usual life currency sector will be back in January.
I recall that it took investors up until Christmas. The world was watching

The key to understanding the movement of the Euro (as with any other asset) is MN (the market). Properly considered, the Euro (just like Gold and all other so-called risk assets as opposed to safe havens) was in consolidation (or what in fractal geometry is known as a mean-reverting or non-persistent series) for two years (2015 and 2016) and rising throughout 2017 to not only break out of that range and sustain the persistent series (trend) we now see moving on to at least 1.35550 before we can validly recalculate the market. As mentioned, this pattern is not peculiar to the Euro as it cuts across all $ crosses (all you got to do is to take a look at their MN charts and you will see this is true of any and all $ crosses). In fractal geometry a "trend" has many important mathematical properties to keep in view including the fact of price (a chaotic variable) being nonmonotonic and fractured across all scales. Therefore, in considering intraday outlook and or in projecting future trajectory failure to take the fact that all risk are trending against the $ might cause or increase significant error in projecting their trends if and where it is not clear to the trader that the unit is in fact in a cyclic trend up. No one should be deceived by the nonmonotonic property of price into thinking too loosely about what is going on with the fundamental structure of fluctuations in such pairs (i.e. going up or down price moves up and down across all scales of market time). The Euro like Gold etc must sustain this rise for about another 16 - 20,000 points before we can validly recalculate the market.

mlawson71 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:50 pm The pair is back to the support at 1.2300, and unless it's forming a sideways channel around that level it may continue falling.
I bloody hope not. I'm in a long position at the moment haha. Hopefully it gaps up on market open :angel:

Thanks for the insight Mr Lawson!
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:36 am

I bloody hope not. I'm in a long position at the moment haha. Hopefully it gaps up on market open :angel:

Thanks for the insight Mr Lawson!
You're welcome Jimmy. I am crossing my fingers for it to rally then.