Maximum amount of indicators in MT4 folder

Hi,

do you know of any limitation MT4 has regarding the quantity of indicator files there are in the "Indicators" folder of MT4?

I have now >1000 indicator (ex4) files in there and I experience strange behaviors last days. For example when I copy a new ex4 file to my indicator folder and do a refresh in MT4 this indicator isn't there in the indicator list (navigator ctrl+n). But when I rename the indicator so it's at the beginning of the alphabet (e.g. "! indicator.ex4") and do a refresh this exact same indicator is now there in the navigator list :cray:
These users thanked the author Jagg for the post:
tiatatta

Re: Maximum amount of indicators in MT4 folder

Jagg wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:20 am Hi,

do you know of any limitation MT4 has regarding the quantity of indicator files there are in the "Indicators" folder of MT4?

I have now >1000 indicator (ex4) files in there and I experience strange behaviors last days. For example when I copy a new ex4 file to my indicator folder and do a refresh in MT4 this indicator isn't there in the indicator list (navigator ctrl+n). But when I rename the indicator so it's at the beginning of the alphabet (e.g. "! indicator.ex4") and do a refresh this exact same indicator is now there in the navigator list :cray:
I think its around 500 or so..experts will now better

Jagg wrote: Fri Jan 19, 2018 4:39 am 500 per folder?
Can I make subfolders like "A-D", "E-J",.... to overcome this limitation?
ive had the problem since i started , to much to try but simply paste the once you dont use in another folder and save somewere were you remember , so you can go back to it sometimes in your journey and you will if you are like most people, but i don't know any way to make your platform to fit more indicators/expert advisors.
Its probably for the best , your platform will work and load faster with less in it , and its a way to discover new things and keep your favorites and so on.

But i know its hard because everything you download and add it will take as long as you added it to remove it from the platform , and your eyes and knowlage will change overtime so its better to keep it in a seperate folder some were than remove it completely unless you know its totally garbage.

But it might be able to work with multiple folders if you use the setting open data folder or something .
These users thanked the author TimmyHanke for the post (total 2):
Krelian99, Jagg

太虚一毫 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:22 pm Ask everyone: How many indicators can be installed in MT4? It seems that there are too many indicators, and I can’t see them in the navigation.
Hi,

It's a MT4 cache limitation. I believe limitation is somewhere like 500-1000. You could try putting some in subfolders, try deleting the mql cache file in your indicators folder and restarting mt4, or you could just download the indicators to a completely seperate folder, and only keep in MT4 what you use? there is no way you are using 500x indicators on the one chart!

Hope that helps!
These users thanked the author aneek229 for the post:
太虚一毫

aneek229 wrote: Tue Mar 16, 2021 4:42 pm Hi,

It's a MT4 cache limitation. I believe limitation is somewhere like 500-1000. You could try putting some in subfolders, try deleting the mql cache file in your indicators folder and restarting mt4, or you could just download the indicators to a completely seperate folder, and only keep in MT4 what you use? there is no way you are using 500x indicators on the one chart!

Hope that helps!
Agreed. You can only store a maximum of around 500 decent sized indicators in MT4. Depending on the size of each indicator as they all range from just a few kilobytes up to nearly half a MB in size.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
aneek229
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance