Re: VP indicator doesn't hide

FxVolumes wrote: Thu Dec 28, 2017 10:15 pm Hello to all,
This attached indicator does'nt hide himself when I untick time frame boxes.

Can someone just highlight the code lines wich makes this happen please ?
Regards.

VP-v4.mq4
Hi FxVolumes,

Do you mean like the Picture Attached ? :angel:

Use VP-6 as the Last Version. It more Better...

I given the Completely ; VP-6 min.mq4 ; VP-6 min.ex4 ; VP-6 min.set (= put in the Presets Folder Directory MT4)
and the Template.
These users thanked the author Tsar for the post (total 2):
dmnik, Thangarasu
Always looking the GREAT, never left GOOD Point...

The 'Default Code' for VP-v6 and VP-Range-v6 indicator for MT5 version

VP 6.0. Tiki in MT5

The main innovation in this version is the ability to use Tiki to build distributions (only in MetaTrader 5). Installation of the source is made the "Data source". Has two options-"Bar style" and "Point scale" moved above for ease of use.

Notable differences in the picture can be seen on the small bands (Range period), histograms are more detailed.
Range period = M15. The left source specified M1, right-Ticks.

Known problems with :

The indicator works much slower, the first drawing may linger for a few seconds. Perhaps it will turn out a bit to remove the problem in the following updates, but I am afraid of me here, little depends on tick data compared with bars are huge in volume, and for their acquisition and processing have to spend more time.
The last (right) histogram in the histogram, VP and exciting the last tick in VP-Range can flicker. Perhaps this issue has been before, but it became apparent only with the "slow" data.

In some cases, the last (right) histogram in VP, as gripping latter teak histogram in VP-Range may not appear, the reasons for this I don't know, more like a problem on the server. An indicator sensitive to having all the necessary data that leads to the problem. Perhaps in the future this problem will disappear.
You may find that your broker does not yet provide data by ticks. In this case, try other brokers or demo server developers (MetaQuotes-Demo), on it there.

Volume Profile [VP] indicator (former TPO)

Distribution of deals by price levels at given time plot. Is displayed as a histogram. The width of the histogram at this level means conditionally, the number of transactions carried out on it. If the Broker provides data on actual volume indicator can show the distribution and on it.

Main features :

1. VP: showing distributions with standard increments periods
2. VP-Range: showing distributions for any selected period, different installation methods for calculating boundaries
3. Configure the displayed information (histogram, fashion, max)
possibility to install several indicators on one chart
4. VP indicator divides the graph into equal time ranges for each shows the distribution. Ranges can be equal only standard values are not below the current timeframe. For example, H1 range can be specified as H1, H4, D1, W1, MN1. In MT5 available intermediate timeframes.

VP-Range only works for one range. You can specify one of the following ways :

1. arbitrarily using vertical lines
2. use the number of last minute graphics
3. set the right border, and the number of minutes before it

When you specify the borders for lines, bar the right border is not taken into account in the calculations. This is done to ensure that when you switch timeframes baseline data, and, consequently, the kind of distribution had not changed.

Bars higher timeframes may contain fewer bars younger than would be expected on the calculations.
This occurs due to natural holes in the quotes history formed due to low liquidity, and also because of the interruptions.
Therefore, if you specify the indicator show the week prior to any bar, while the left border may not coincide with the time right.
In different dealing centers may be slightly different data, but in spite of this, due to the use of large amounts of data in calculations the result is similar.

Method of calculation :

The method of calculation is the addition of the number of transactions carried out for a certain price.
Or add volume at that price, if the type of the volume in the options is real.

Transaction data are interpolated based on the most accurate available data data terminal M1 timeframe. each bar is divided into several transactions on the basis of the probable price movement inside the bar.
This feature distinguishes this implementation from others where not performed interpolation and for calculations used the same timeframe, running indicator.

Further increase accuracy without the use of additional data sources could be achieved at the expense of more reliable data interpolation M1 in Tiki.
But almost every broker using MetaTrader 4 has its datafeed, which makes these improvements virtually useless.
Experiments show that the distribution of all look about the same.
The practice shows that the methods used give results comparable to distributions received on the most accurate data.

Highs of the corresponding mitigation effort ings (mods) are commonly used as support and resistance levels.
When you define a good level of search a maximum of fashion sense is not because there is a "problem shade", when the next clump of prices greatly affects the previous, sometimes completely hiding it, and vice versa.
You should carefully study the schedule and specify levels by building distribution on interesting sites using VP.
Distribution on a larger time range might have more weight.

In version 6.0 introduces the ability to specify a timeframe for the data source.
In MetaTrader 5 is also now possible to use Tiki, provided by the broker. Cm. "Data source" option.

Installation
Open the Terminal settings (Tools menu \ settings). "Charts" on the page, specify a maximum bars in a window depending on how you will use the indicator. Every day is 1440 minutes (not more than 1440 minute bars). For example, if you specify Max. bars in the window to 250000, it will provide an opportunity to obtain indicator data for 250000/1440 = 173 working days if the data will be available for them M1 timeframe. Standard after installing 65000 give 45 working days, this two months plus a couple of days.

After you change the settings, you must restart the Terminal. When the importance of maximum bars in Terminal window can significantly inhibit and require large amounts of memory even without indicators. Not every dealing Center provides deep history graphs, this must be taken into account.

Installing the indicator :

1. close Terminal
2. indicator files (*.mq4 or *.mq5) copy the folder your Terminal indicators, the working folder you can see in the log when you run Terminal
3. launch Terminal
These users thanked the author Tsar for the post:
Jagg

Volume Profile [VP] indicator (former TPO)

Parameter and Description :

General options for VP and VP-Range

1. Mode step (points) -- Minimum step between the modes, chosen subjectively for each tool.
2. Point scale --Scale item when you draw the histogram. A higher value means faster work, but a more blatant display.
3. Volume type -- Type the volume, the tick or real. The actual amount of the broker may not be available, in this case, the indicator will show nothing.
4. Data source -- Data source :
a. Ticks (only in MT5)-Tiki with a server for your broker (if any)
b. M1, M5, M15-interpolated Tiki bars based on the specified timeframe
5. Bar style -- Histogram bars style :
a Lines-lines
b. Empty bar-empty boxes
c. Filled bar-filled rectangles
d. Outline-outline
e. Color-the color of
6. Color 1 -- Color histogram 1. Specify None to use the background color of the graphics.
7. Color 2 -- Color histogram 2. Specify None to use the background color of the graphics.
8. Line width -- The thickness of the lines when drawing histogram.
9. Color mode (None = disable) -- The color of the local maximums (distribution). Specify None to disable.
10. Maximum color (None = disable) -- Peak color. Specify None to disable.
11. Median color (None = disable) -- Median color. Specify None to disable.
12. VWAP color (None = disable) -- Color VWAP (volume weighted average price). Specify None to disable.
13. Mode line width -- The thickness of the lines.
14. Median and VWAP line style -- Medians and VWAP line style.
15. Identifier -- Indicator ID, use different values for multiple copies of the indicator on the same graph.

VP Options

1. Range period -- Period, only standard values from M1 to MN1 (1, 5, 15, 30, 60, 240, 1440, 10080, 43200). In MT5 you can also use intermediate timeframes.
2. Range count -- The number of ranges.
3. Time shift -- Time shift from -12 up to +12 hours with step 1:00
4. Draw direction -- Histogram drawing direction is left-to-right or right-to-left.

VP-Range Options

1. Range mode -- How to specify the boundaries of the range:
a. Between lines-between two lines
b. Last minutes-last minute RangeMinutes
c. Minitues to line-RangeMinutes to the right line
2. Range minutes -- The number of minutes for the RangeMode 1 and 2.
3. Position histogram -- Location: histograms
a. Window left-left edge of the window
b. Window right-right edge of the window
c. Left outside-from the left border of the range to the left
d. Right outside-from the right edge of the range right
e. Inside-left from the left border of the range right
f. Inside-right from the right end of the range to the left
4. Level mode line color (None = disable) -- Color levels held on fashions. Specify None to disable.
5. Mode level line style -- Line style fashion levels.
mosiskv

Tsar wrote: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:21 pm...
Thank you Tsar for all your very complete response.

I have a probleme with VP range on mt4.
The historical profile seems to be limited...(see pictures please).
My skills are not enough yet to find on this complex code, where i can "unleash" it...

Can you help me please.
Regards.

MT4 (limited) MT5 (unlimited)

FxVolumes wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2018 12:59 am

Thank you Tsar for all your very complete response.

I have a probleme with VP range on mt4.
The historical profile seems to be limited...(see pictures please).
My skills are not enough yet to find on this complex code, where i can "unleash" it...

Can you help me please.
Regards.

MT4 (limited)
GBPUSDWeekly_mt4.png

MT5 (unlimited)
GBPUSDWeekly_mt5.png
Just for know, I'm not a Coder

Yes... VP (Volume Profile) is given a Limited Work.
FXcoder as the Coder have changed the Name with VP after 'mergered' Market Profile with TPO in the One Indicator.

Because this Indicator works for Intraday trading terms. Then the majority is used (only) for:
VP = for 30M time frime (Max)
VP Range = for H1 time frime (Max)

I can't explain in detail because the Explanation is too Long... Just give the Basic Theory
You can search in the Net ; with Keywoard Market Profile indicator, TPO indicator and Volume indicator
FxVolumes