Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

friend4you wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:51 pm

My post is very positive and I'm thankful. I did not know that shreck is a coder. Thanks to him too, but all his contributions vanished here from one day to another. I would like to talk to him, why he is still angry about some of us that just tried to help on these threads.
I think it's no bad question to mrtools, what was the reason after requesting changing a small mistake in the alert of a work of many like you too to a copyrighted work of one person. It was just a question.
If you want to talk about new inventions in mql, many things started by selling a new idea and now are not intended by the seller part of open code. You are better in history of indicators than me, but would the world be better if only one has the copyright on building car motors? And this discussion may end in Apple, who thinks, they have the only right on round corners or slide or home buttons or the patent on life in genetical changed code.
Don't you work on indictors that were were not all the time free? Where is the border?
And Pavas opinion is not wrong either:
The momentum3 alert test was not used in the version i posted the ex4 file simply because of this line

Code: Select all

string ExpiryDate="2019.09.26";

//put in the Init() function
 if(TimeCurrent() >= StrToTime(ExpiryDate)){
 Alert("This indicator has expired. Contact  for new version");
 return(0);
 }
 else{
 Print(" Indicator Valid");
 } 

Looked to me to possibly be a commercial product for someone, also it was no simple fix, far as I could tell it needed to be recoded completely.
So to keep the version i posted from becoming a commercial venture(hopefully) posted it as ex4. If you want to sell the work, no problem with that but think the coder should get a piece of the pie, or I guess here in the US pumpkin pie today. :thumbup:

mrtools wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 8:27 pm
The momentum3 alert test was not used in the version i posted simply because of this line

Code: Select all

string ExpiryDate="2019.09.26";

//put in the Init() function
 if(TimeCurrent() >= StrToTime(ExpiryDate)){
 Alert("This indicator has expired. Contact  for new version");
 return(0);
 }
 else{
 Print(" Indicator Valid");
 } 

Looked to me to possibly be a commercial product for someone, also it was no simple fix, far as I could tell it needed to be recoded completely.
So to keep the version i posted from becoming a commercial venture(hopefully) posted it as ex4. If you want to sell the work, no problem with that but think the coder should get a piece of the pie, or I guess here in the US pumpkin pie today. :thumbup:
Shreck put that lines to many of the posted and now deleted indicators, although he posted these works of many as mq4. As mladen posted it also free here, I don't think it was ever commercial. The question was, what makes your addition of a working alert a much better version than the posted mq4-files as the results are nearly the same. Is yours faster?
Please post at least a simplier version as free mq4-file, so that others can keep contributing to the work of mladen, shreck and pacois. Why should should only get paid? Don't understand me wrong. I'm deeply thankful for the work of all coders here. I understand you by protecting indicators of your inventions, but to me as no expert, this does not seem to be the case here.
Here is the history:
viewtopic.php?f=578623&t=8472609&hilit= ... d_momentum

friend4you wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 7:51 pm

My post is very positive and I'm thankful. I did not know that shreck is a coder. Thanks to him too, but all his contributions vanished here from one day to another. I would like to talk to him, why he is still angry about some of us that just tried to help on these threads.
I think it's no bad question to mrtools, what was the reason after requesting changing a small mistake in the alert of a work of many like you too to a copyrighted work of one person. It was just a question.
If you want to talk about new inventions in mql, many things started by selling a new idea and now are not intended by the seller part of open code. You are better in history of indicators than me, but would the world be better if only one has the copyright on building car motors? And this discussion may end in Apple, who thinks, they have the only right on round corners or slide or home buttons or the patent on life in genetical changed code.
Don't you work on indictors that were were not all the time free? Where is the border?
And Pavas opinion is not wrong either:
I have no comment whatsoever on the quoted post (but, as anything on the net, it must be an official "no comment" so this post is exactly that ... official "no comment" post with a reason explaining why I have no comment on anything told in the quoted post) :

Jumping from one set of reasons to another set of reasons (and in the quoted post I do not see anything that could relate to the posts that caused my previous comment - and I mean nothing at all) is just showing (at least to me) that I guessed right from the very beginning.

all the best