Re: MT4 Indicator requests and ideas

mrtools wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2017 11:21 am

Please excuse my ignorance, but exactly how do you want the alerts to work?
May I ask, are there still any problems I can help with, after weeks of asking for a small change on an existing alert on mladens smoothed-momentum?
Thanks. Here are the files and description:
viewtopic.php?p=1295365874#p1295365874
viewtopic.php?p=1295365389#p1295365389
download/file.php?id=3321038
download/file.php?id=3321039

friend4you wrote: Tue Nov 21, 2017 7:56 pm

May I ask, are there still any problems I can help with, after weeks of asking for a small change on an existing alert on mladens smoothed-momentum?
Thanks. Here are the files and description:
viewtopic.php?p=1295365874#p1295365874
viewtopic.php?p=1295365389#p1295365389
download/file.php?id=3321038
download/file.php?id=3321039
Thanks for your patience, try this version, it's all in one.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
Jedidiah

mrtools wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:08 am Thanks for your patience, try this version, it's all in one.
Good work, looks and works good, will test it on all my charts from now on. Thank you very much.
All contributors like Mladen, Pacois presented it in mq4 file. What makes this alert version so special, so that further changes shall only be possible by you?
Please post a mq4-file, so that it could be transfered to mt5 someday, if you don't want to do in the future.

friend4you wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Good work, looks and works good, will test it on all my charts from now on. Thank you very much.
All contributors like Mladen, Pacois presented it in mq4 file. What makes this alert version so special, so that further changes shall only be possible by you?
Please post a mq4-file, so that it could be transfered to mt5 someday, if you don't want to do in the future.
This thing you received help for (3instance smoothed momentum indicator) was the idea of shreck , i don't see you acknowledging him,
No problem as long as, years from now you will not claim it as your original idea AYE?

friend4you wrote: Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:40 pm

Why that is a strange comment indeed ...
Can you use that ex4 file? If you can why would mrtools have to post the mq4 file?
And if it comes to transferring to mt5, or mt6 or mt7 or whatever ..., who is the most likely to do it (again and again)? You? Or mrtools?

mladen wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:39 am

Can you use that ex4 file? If you can why would mrtools have to post the mq4 file?
And if it comes to transferring to mt5, or mt6 or mt7 or whatever ..., who is the most likely to do it (again and again)? You? Or mrtools?
What is something happens to Mr. Tools (or to his computer) and all that knowledge will be lost forever?

Pava wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:35 am
What is something happens to Mr. Tools (or to his computer) and all that knowledge will be lost forever?
Then we shall all cry ...

And what if the bomb intended to North Korea hits the the wrong place and all the sources get destroyed? Who is going to rewrite them?

He posted it as is. His decision. What is wrong with his decision? I fail yo see any reason whatsoever for a comment stating some imaginary reason for posting it in a different form - unless I treat that post as the usual trolling seen thousands and thousands of times on all the forums of the whole wide world - but hey, that is no trolling for sure, because people need to be sure that they will be able to convert the code to something else they are still not using at all :)

mladen wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 4:39 am

My post is very positive and I'm thankful. I did not know that shreck is a coder. Thanks to him too, but all his contributions vanished here from one day to another. I would like to talk to him, why he is still angry about some of us that just tried to help on these threads.
I think it's no bad question to mrtools, what was the reason after requesting changing a small mistake in the alert of a work of many like you too to a copyrighted work of one person. It was just a question.
If you want to talk about new inventions in mql, many things started by selling a new idea and now are not intended by the seller part of open code. You are better in history of indicators than me, but would the world be better if only one has the copyright on building car motors? And this discussion may end in Apple, who thinks, they have the only right on round corners or slide or home buttons or the patent on life in genetical changed code.
Don't you work on indictors that were were not all the time free? Where is the border?
And Pavas opinion is not wrong either:
Pava wrote: Thu Nov 23, 2017 6:35 am What is something happens to Mr. Tools (or to his computer) and all that knowledge will be lost forever?