Re: Bollinger Band type indicators for MT4

scarletPip wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:15 pm Ah, I surprise myself sometimes. I figured out the error, as the original code was using a now-reserved variable name 'char'. I simply changed its name and now it works.

So now I will ask for something I cannot do myself. Is it possible to add arrows at the points where alerts would normally be generated?
ScatletPip, nice job on making it compatible, unfortunately since Tma centered rercalculates the alerts and arrows are pretty useless.

scarletPip wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:15 pm Ah, I surprise myself sometimes. I figured out the error, as the original code was using a now-reserved variable name 'char'. I simply changed its name and now it works.

So now I will ask for something I cannot do myself. Is it possible to add arrows at the points where alerts would normally be generated?
I think correct and proper name of indicator goes like this "tmacentered bands 2.01 mtf" - but experts can better guide for to avoid misleading regarding many different names for the same code
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mrtools wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:27 am

ScatletPip, nice job on making it compatible, unfortunately since Tma centered rercalculates the alerts and arrows are pretty useless.
That does seem to be the accepted wisdom. However I use a similar indicator, known by several names - 'Target Bands' / 'TMAdCG' and because the arrows don't repaint it helps to understand how the band re-positions itself over time. I trade successfully with it, in fact it's my most useful tool. What about adding arrows to this nrp version? I don't like it as much though.

scarletPip wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:38 pm

That does seem to be the accepted wisdom. However I use a similar indicator, known by several names - 'Target Bands' / 'TMAdCG' and because the arrows don't repaint it helps to understand how the band re-positions itself over time. I trade successfully with it, in fact it's my most useful tool.
TMAdCG mladen-arrowsMod.mq4

What about adding arrows to this nrp version? I don't like it as much though.
Scarlet Pip, Target Bands and TMAdCG are using this

Code: Select all

if (High[i+1]>upBuffer[i+1] && Close[i+1]>Open[i+1] && Close[i]<Open[i]) upArrow[i] = High[i];
            if (Low[i+1]<dnBuffer[i+1] && Close[i+1]<Open[i+1] && Close[i]>Open[i]) dnArrow[i] = Low[i];
for the arrows the High[i+1]>upBuffer[i+1] && Low[i+1]<dnBuffer[i+1] are concerning the Tma centered bands the rest is just some price action verifying the band breakout. Guess you can say it kinda helps with getting a more reliable signal to maybe offset the recalculating.

mades wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:21 pm BB Analyzer 2.02 - the smartest bollinger bands indicator

As a no-coder I finally managed to get around the code and implement the alerts. Now with typical alert suite + you can turn on/off alerts you don't want. Also added an outer line width parameter to better visualize bands. Next step - mtf!

p.s. if its buggy .. let me know ..
Well done on creating alerts. Especially for a no-coder.

Please share it with us bro :clap:
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance