Re: XARD - Simple Trend Following Trading System

Hey Everyone,
My apologies for not being on here for a while but I thought I should give a quick post about what I have been up to.
I have been working away full time on a old forex strategy which I am looking at again and adding what I have learned over the years.

Basically, my viewing arena consists of a 1hr canvas to which I place higher 4hr turning points and look to trade a series of compounded trades using smaller 15min turning points within the 1hr channel until the next 4hr turning point is met. I am not used to this type of trading so I am having to adjust my habits and apply myself to this strategy. What I do like about it is the ability to compound and I have always believed this to be the only way to make serious money in forex.

I am still working away on this strategy but once I have ironed out all the kinks then I will gladly post it here for everyones perusal. it will no doubt be several months before that happens but I believe that the wait will be worth it.

In the meantime here is a 1hr chart of Gold, hopefully it will give you an idea of what I am talking about.
Also, added todays valid BUY trades off the blue channel. In theory I would not take the previous white marker trades as they were not on a blue line and chances are that price may go further down in order to hit the blue line (which it did). Also consecutive trades taken actually on the channel line tend to never retreat past the line so the risk on the trade is minimal unlike trades taken not on the line.

Plus the beauty of this strategy is that you get the maximum move available as you enter on the highest or lowest position of the trade (food for thought).

Please note, I will not be posting on a daily basis, I will post once I have a fully working strategy.
All the best
Xard777
Attachments
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 4):
dansmol, Indian_Batman, Jedidiah, StuartWong
XARD: If Carlsberg made charts... Probably the best charts in the world

Fantasydank wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:58 am Very nice Mr XARD as ususal and thank you, I know you use linux based system but on windows the 15 and 4 hour markers hang MT4 any suggestions?
OOps! My Bad... add zigzag indy.
enclosed...
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, StuartWong

Guys, I made a quick update to my previous post
In the input Menu you can show the ribbon with showRibbon=TRUE or show the background candles with ShowRibbon=FALSE

All the best
Xard777
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 3):
dansmol, Jedidiah, StuartWong

xard777 wrote: Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:39 am Guys, I made a quick update to my previous post
In the input Menu you can show the ribbon with showRibbon=TRUE or show the background candles with ShowRibbon=FALSE

All the best
Xard777
thank you xard777 for your indicators and system
over time i have found your indicators very useful.
color price bar painting of yours is very powerful tool.
many indicators and systems of yours are magical.

i know it is very hard work of coding, and i want to thank you for sharing indicators that you have coded after hard work.

i will be looking your thread regularly for new posting of your indicators, systems and updates.

thank you very much again for sharing.

Update

Here is the latest update.
Simplifying the system.
You can change the default settings via the input menu then save changes as a new template.
Enjoy!
Xard777

PS After selecting the template, change the time frame (say to 30mins then back to 1hr) and the chart should display OK.
These users thanked the author xard777 for the post (total 10):
hannele, reachme, Arina, Jimmy, dansmol, xcool, tc1688, Jedidiah, StuartWong, Skyold

Latest Update...

Runs on all TFs (and you can switch alerts on)
Enjoy!
All the best

Xard777

xard777 wrote: Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:05 am Latest Update...

Runs on all TFs (and you can switch alerts on)
Enjoy!
All the best
Xard777
Awesome! We always look forward to your updates and posts Xard. Have a good trading week brother.
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
Jedidiah
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance