Re: Moving Average indicators for MT4

mladen wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2017 7:58 pm I don't think that there is something like that
For start it entirely depends on the number of bars on the chart - results would not represent some independent value
Thank you so much Mladen for your prompt and kind reply ... the main logic, i am looking for, is to "count" ... "events" or even "Results" ... or ... as a kind of fast tester in indicator form ...
much appreciate ...
Best Regards
Dimitri

wojtek wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:49 am Hi MNTiwana, do you have the latest version of ZeroLag Tema with the extended set of prices
and the colors on the slope change? Possibly in the mq4 format.
This you can have from "Averages" ver 9 with all that you required, but not mq4
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

This MTF Moving Average works as a standalone indicator, but it is pre-Build xxx and MetaEditor does not like one of the terms that clearly was okay in earlier versions.

I have been searching for a recent build compliant simple MTF Moving Average Indicator but when I search terms MTF and Moving Average forex-station search engine warns many possible threads.

Can some kind person either update this to current build or post a simple MTF Moving Average indicator. The simpler the better as I don't seek lots of options, just the simplest MTF Moving Average indicator.

TIA

Newton51 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:29 pm This MTF Moving Average works as a standalone indicator, but it is pre-Build xxx and MetaEditor does not like one of the terms that clearly was okay in earlier versions.

I have been searching for a recent build compliant simple MTF Moving Average Indicator but when I search terms MTF and Moving Average forex-station search engine warns many possible threads.

Can some kind person either update this to current build or post a simple MTF Moving Average indicator. The simpler the better as I don't seek lots of options, just the simplest MTF Moving Average indicator.

TIA
The one you posted,is compiled with out any problem and working with me
i think it is perfect ,simply needs user friendly :)
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:34 pm The one you posted,is compiled with out any problem and working with me
i think it is perfect ,simply needs user friendly :)
I don't disagree it works. I compiles okay too. I did say that. However I am splicing code into a second indicator and here lies the problem... the "stringToTimeFrame"

Code: Select all

timeFrame = stringToTimeFrame(TimeFrame); 
Highlighting it and pressing "F1" in Editor gets nothing and yet it generates an Error in the "new" indicator.

So I was seeking a more modern equivalent or some solution to the above issue. The problem is finding one. If you search here using anything like "MTF Moving Average" the forex-station website says the terms are too common. If you have an alternative"late model" MTF MA, I'm sure it will work just fine.