Re: MT4 Indicators with alerts/signals

mrtools wrote: Fri May 12, 2017 10:06 am It's comparing current price to previous price.
Thank you Mr Tools.

However, I am thinking of something like Wells Wilder's index, where he would compare the volatility of a security with the volatility of an index like the DJIA. If we are comparing the price of one security (present) with the price for the same security (past) there is no way to know if the volatility of that security is higher than the volatility of a different security, because they are being measured against themselves. Therefore this tool cannot be used to screen for high/low volatility instruments, only for high/low volatility periods in the past history of a single security.

Has this work been done, do you know? If not, maybe it will be an interesting challenge for someone to complete. The ability to screen for high volatility issues in a time of relatively low volatility in Forex, would be a great boon.

If it is helpful here are some notes from Grafton about how Wilder completed his calculation for a true RVI.

Get the True Range:
The absolute difference between the current bar high and the current bar low –
ABS {H(0) – L(0)}

The absolute difference between the previous bar close and the current bar high –
ABS {C(1) – H(0)}

The absolute difference between the previous bar close and the current bar low
ABS {C(1) – L(0)}

Wilder’s Volatility Index is then calculated as ATR (0) using the previous bar’s
volatility index ATR (1) and the current bar’s True Range TR (0) over an (arbitrary) 14-bar look-
back period. The calculation is:

ATR (0) = 13 * ATR (1) + TR (0) / 14

The last step in the Volatility Index / ATR calculation is to divide the security’s ATR
by the ATR of an index. The calculation for the ATR of the index is exactly the same
as that of the security, but of course it uses the index price values instead. This
gives a measure of relative volatility which allows comparison between active and less active securities.

To do this one final adjustment needs to be made to ATR.

Because True Range is expressed in price points we need to normalize it by converting into percentage terms.
One method to do this is to divide the 14-period ATR value by a 14-period simple moving average.

RV = (ATRSec (14) / SMASec (14)) / (ATRInd (14) / SMAInd (14))

Where the calculation period for each component is 14 bars, ATRSec and SMASec are the ATR and the SMA of the security; and ATRInd and SMAInd are the ATR and SMA of the index respectively.

Kratos wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 8:18 am Thanks for the reply mntiwana, so no one got the decompiled mq4 file For our coders to work with??? Okay, any accurate indicator out there that works like mbfx without repaints +alerts
Kratos
it is already told that one of 10 indicators is "rsx nrp" as the original and alternative to "timing" indicator
again for your informations - the experts are not happy to work on decompiled/theft code - and nobody can work on ex4,it must needs mq4 format file.
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

SK_Rana wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 1:59 pm Hello Master Coders,

Can you please add push notification to attached indicator? Can you please also check whether this repaint or not? I am not able to test it as my in my tester signals does not appear.

what is the logic of this indicato?

Thank you,
Rana
For to check if repainting or not,there is an other way too,simply apply it on lowest time frame chart "M1" and watch a while,it will tell you what it doing,it is a self undressing formula :)

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 1:48 pm Kratos
it is already told that one of 10 indicators is "rsx nrp" as the original and alternative to "timing" indicator
again for your informations - the experts are not happy to work on decompiled/theft code - and nobody can work on ex4,it must needs mq4 format file.
Thanks sir mntiwana, but I wasn't referring to the timer, was referring to the mbfx channel, I use price action for signals. Just need an alert when the channels are hit upper or lower bands. Since we can't work with the ex4, can someone suggest another indicator with alerts similar to the mbfx channel (that deals with center of gravity) without repaints. Hope I'm clearer now sir 🙏

Kratos wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 5:00 pm Thanks sir mntiwana, but I wasn't referring to the timer, was referring to the mbfx channel, I use price action for signals. Just need an alert when the channels are hit upper or lower bands. Since we can't work with the ex4, can someone suggest another indicator with alerts similar to the mbfx channel (that deals with center of gravity) without repaints. Hope I'm clearer now sir 🙏
"MBFX system" is simply renamed regression channel - that has nothing to do with "center of gravity" and it never had
Please use some of the free (and open code) regression channels instead

PS: regression analysis is recalculating. It can not be made non-recalculating. More information on regression analysis can be found ere : Regression analysis ...

sal wrote: Sat May 13, 2017 6:27 pm hi mladen/tools/mtiwana,
kindly share trend& flat mt4 fitler indicator source file if avaialable.
I think the name you talking about is not a usual name,it must be some renamed or some addition to previous,if you post some example may be somebody can find help you,round queries are always hard to deal with :)
if you talking about "trend flat" indicator,it is simply a MA Normalized
Attachments