Re: MT4 Indicators with alerts/signals

I am trying to use the value of trend direction& force but somehow there seems to be an issue.Nothing happens, how to test if it gets the value? What am I doing wrong?I use this iCustom (to check value of it on beginning of new candle): 

Code: Select all

double td = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,"Trend direction & force index-",10,0,1);
bool tdcall = td <= -0.8;
bool tdput = td >= 0.8;

gelsas wrote:I am trying to use the value of trend direction& force but somehow there seems to be an issue.Nothing happens, how to test if it gets the value? What am I doing wrong?I use this iCustom (to check value of it on beginning of new candle): 

double td = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,"Trend direction & force index-",10,0,1); bool tdcall = td <= -0.8; bool tdput = td >= 0.8; 
Hi gelsas
First,you are welcome here,thanks for joining us
then the code you are trying with is a decompiled code (even with wrong name),here is the original code,attached
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

double td = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,"Trend direction & force index nmc",10,0,1);
mntiwana wrote: Hi gelsas
First,you are welcome here,thanks for joining us
then the code you are trying with is a decompiled code (even with wrong name),here is the original code,attached
regards
Thank you mntiwana! I just tried to use this and this iCustom but still nothing happens:

double td = iCustom(NULL,PERIOD_CURRENT,"Trend direction & force index nmc",10,0,1);
What could I try now? 

hallo Mrtools, please i need some help with adding alerts to this indicator, firstly it has an alert and dot that shows up, but i don't need that dot instead i would like an arrow whenever a candle touches the bands, a sound alert will be great with a message, it should only be when a candle touches the bands.. its a good indicator and working with the bands but now make me look at the screen most of my time not to miss it.

thank you

lmandipa wrote:hallo Mrtools, please i need some help with adding alerts to this indicator, firstly it has an alert and dot that shows up, but i don't need that dot instead i would like an arrow whenever a candle touches the bands, a sound alert will be great with a message, it should only be when a candle touches the bands.. its a good indicator and working with the bands but now make me look at the screen most of my time not to miss it.

thank you 
Hi Imandipa
Welcome here,thanks for joining us
regards
Dots replaced with arrows in this version "sync filters - low pass apz bands mtf nc v 01"
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

lmandipa wrote:hallo Mrtools, please i need some help with adding alerts to this indicator, firstly it has an alert and dot that shows up, but i don't need that dot instead i would like an arrow whenever a candle touches the bands, a sound alert will be great with a message, it should only be when a candle touches the bands.. its a good indicator and working with the bands but now make me look at the screen most of my time not to miss it.

thank you

Hi Imandipa, try this version,changed the alerts and arrows.