IndicatorAdaptive Indicators for MT4

Adaptive Indicators for Metatrader 4

Perry Kaufman's Adaptive Moving Average (KAMA) is a moving average that was created to include market noise or volatility. Adaptive Moving Average will follow prices:

• When the price swings small and insignificant
  • Will adjust when the price swings widen and follow prices from a greater distance

Making this indicator especially useful for trends because it not only combats noise but also does a remarkable job at being less laggy.

Example: Adaptive Moving Average shown on a ProRealTime Chart

This is a Mladen's T3 Demarker with the Demarker period being controlled by phase accumulation index, indicator coloring is based on slope change as is arrows option. Indicator also has divergence.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
Jedidiah, 太虚一毫

Re: Adaptive Indicators for MT4

This is an rsi of vhf adaptive macd. The macd has 5 choices for a moving average  a simple moving average,an exponential moving average, a smoothed Ma, a linear weighted MA and a triple exponential moving average - TEMA. For the rsi there are 6 options a regular RSI,a Wilders' RSI, a rapid RSI, a Harris RSI, a RSX, or  a Cuttlers RSI.

These users thanked the author mrtools for the post (total 2):
marek111, 太虚一毫

mrtools wrote:This is an rsi of vhf adaptive macd. The macd has 5 choices for a moving average  a simple moving average,an exponential moving average, a smoothed Ma, a linear weighted MA and a triple exponential moving average - TEMA. For the rsi there are 6 options a regular RSI,a Wilders' RSI, a rapid RSI, a Harris RSI, a RSX, or  a Cuttlers RSI.

Dearest MRTOOLS
It is really a good upgrade with tema application,will back with some experiment
i noticed your new babies coming with tema as a "must option"
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote:
Dearest MRTOOLS
It is really a good upgrade with tema application,will back with some experiment
i noticed your new babies coming with tema as a "must option"
regards
Thanks Mntiwana,

Yes it finally dawned on me that I can use Mladen's custom ma function(which includes tema) instead of mt4's iMa on array. Makes for a much more shorter and simpler code in my opinion. And in my understanding some of mt4's built in moving averages are not correct at least were not correct, not sure if they corrected that.
These users thanked the author mrtools for the post:
太虚一毫

mrtools wrote:
Thanks Mntiwana,

Yes it finally dawned on me that I can use Mladen's custom ma function(which includes tema) instead of mt4's iMa on array. Makes for a much more shorter and simpler code in my opinion. And in my understanding some of mt4's built in moving averages are not correct at least were not correct, not sure if they corrected that.
Dearest MRTOOLS
What i noticed and experienced being a parameter player,tema and NMAs are the best toys especially when there are new filters adaption facility and latest prices (again especially when HA median body) available but you both masters knows well.
regards
These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
太虚一毫

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

mntiwana wrote: Dearest MRTOOLS
Once more Thanks for the upgraded version,may i ask why it not accepting inverted parameters,and if unique ID with invert option possible ?
regards

Mntiwana, sorry not understanding your question.

ps) just realized what you are asking, being a macd don't think inverting is possible.

mrtools wrote:
Mntiwana, sorry not understanding your question.

ps) just realized what you are asking, being a macd don't think inverting is possible.
Dearest MRTOOLS
Sorry i was not able to make you understand,if i am not mistaken i think i happen to see few version got inverted when slow/fast applied inverse but i am not sure.
just a question,when parameters applied differently (35/125 to 125/35) as shown in picture if it should not differ in results ?
regards
for example this "macd digital Kahler 1_2" slow/fast (4/8 invert to 8/4)

These users thanked the author mntiwana for the post:
samuelhudson

Sorry i was not able to make you understand,if i am not mistaken i think i happen to see few version got inverted when slow/fast applied inverse but i am not sure.
just a question,when parameters applied differently (35/125 to 125/35) as shown in picture if it should not differ in results ?
regards
Mntiwana, in my mind and looking at the code would think you would have different results, but like you showed and I tried, it doesn't seem to change the results, maybe best to ask Mladen.

Once more Thanks for the upgraded version,may i ask why it not accepting inverted parameters,and if unique ID with invert option possible ?
regards

Because of this line of code :

Code: Select all

iCustomMa(MaMode,prices[i],fmin(fastPeriod,slowPeriod),i,0)-iCustomMa(MaMode,prices[i],fmax(fastPeriod,slowPeriod),i,1);
It makes sure (by using fmin and fmax functions) that the first period for macd is smaller then the second period. That is why id does not change the values in case like the one you have