Re: Skimming Swallow - a Simple Trend Strategy

Krelian99 wrote:Hi Xielin, IMO trending strategies are always simple, at least compared to scalping strategies. I'm a friend of KISS (Keep It Super Simple). You're free to add indis as Stoch or even MACD, ideas are also welcome. Discussing is also learning and getting new ideas for other strategies. 

to 1.: It depends on the pair you trade. GBPAUD and GBPNZD do well on H1, GBPJPY and USDJPY and many more on H4 and the rest on D1. This is now Q1 2017. It can change, see EURUSD where the volatility is super low for 1.5 or 2 years.

to 2.: Yes, it's a typo. If you like EMA10 more or maybe SMA, change it.

---------------------------
To all, these rules aren't fix. It is profitable in the long run and that is what counts, at first. Don't just copy a strategy blindly and headless. There is always space for optimizations.

Hi Krelian,
   Thanks for the explanation. Here are my thoughts and changes:

1. I put LWMA240 on H4 chart together with this strategy. LWMA240 is used to spot the Market trend in two months. To tell the Current trend in two weeks and Entry point in two days, I'll play around with the MA periods, for example, changing 50EMA and 14EMA to 60EMA and 12EMA.

2. I also put CurrencyStrengthSlope indicator on H4 chart as a confirmation of the Market Trend. It's interesting to note that this indicator at H4 TF shows nearly the same crossover as Traders dynamic index at D1 TF. It also gives me the momentum/strength information of the trend.

I am now testing this strategy. But as you know, H4 TF is very boring and I have to set a clock on my cellphone to check the chart

Best wishes,
Lin 

Please add CurrencyStrengthSlope or other indicators you want to your post.
Krelian, nice dax thread for me as I'm also german, clean system, but when you just have moving averages, you will loose on poor trends or sideways.

What do you suggest to filter these times?

I would add a vola-based band as minimum sl-line, which goes with the trend instead of growing in both directions like bollinger bands.
I prefer ema 63, it is 3x 21, a fibonacci number, which occurs everywhere in nature.
Mladen made also some indicators with atr-bands like averages.

What are your favourite indicators?

friend4you wrote:Please add CurrencyStrengthSlope or other indicators you want to your post.
Krelian, nice dax thread for me as I'm also german, clean system, but when you just have moving averages, you will loose on poor trends or sideways.

What do you suggest to filter these times?

I would add a vola-based band as minimum sl-line, which goes with the trend instead of growing in both directions like bollinger bands.
I prefer ema 63, it is 3x 21, a fibonacci number, which occurs everywhere in nature.
Mladen made also some indicators with atr-bands like averages.

What are your favourite indicators?
Hi friend4you,
   CurrencyStrengthSlope (CSS) is nanningbob's work and I'm afraid I cannot publish it without the approval of the author.

In short, CSS is a variation of TMA. I believe mladen knows this much better than me. This indicator just measures the TMA slope of one currency with respect to other currencies and take the average. I use it to check the relative strength of two currencies.

I also use D1 TDI by zznbrm as a confirmation of current trend. Below is my screenshot but I am still working on it. I prefer position trading and am trying to build some strategies to spot "the path of least resistance".

Best wishes,
Lin