Skimming Swallow - a Simple Trend Strategy

Like flying and hunting of a bird the Skimming Swallow should represent a super simple but effective strategy.

Used tools are EMA6 & 14, an EMA50 band (EMA of High, Low and Close in the middle) and a slightly modified Heiken Ashi to make the chart a bit smoother. Static S/R lines and simple PA patterns are very helpful as well. Don't use the EMA cross approach. It's misleading and late. The EMAs are for orientation and serve as dynamic S/R. See how the HA bars run up and down along these dynamic S/R in trends and swings always on the edge of EMA6.

Use H1 and above. Trendier currencies like GBP or the swingy JPY can also be traded on lower tfs. M1 and M5 (not recommended) can also be quiet smooth, but the higher the tf, the smoother the market appears with Heiken Ashi.

Conservative trading:
BUY: Enter when HA bar is blue and closes over all EMAs.
Exit when red HA bar closes below EMA14 or in flat markets below all EMAs.
SELL: Enter when HA bar is red and closes below all EMAs.
Exit when blue HA bar closes over EMA14 or in flat markets over all EMAs.

Aggressive trading when PA pattern(s) are in your favor:
BUY: Enter when HA bar is blue and closes over EMA6&14.
SELL: Enter when HA bar is red and closes below all EMA6&14.

(all EMAs means EMA6&14 and the outer band of EMA50, either EMA50_High in upmove or EMA50_Low in downmove).

You can also swing or even scalp with it. It depends on you and how you interpret the template and the market. You also can add oscillators and Pivot, Murrey Math or Sweet spots. I use EMAs on all tfs. Daytrader maybe prefer the SMA and can add the SMA200. But keep it simple.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post:
Frango

Re: Skimming Swallow - a Simple Trend Strategy

Krelian99 wrote:Like flying and hunting of a bird the Skimming Swallow should represent a super simple but effective strategy.

Used tools are EMA6 & 14, an EMA50 band and a slightly modified Heiken Ashi to make the chart a bit smooth. Static S/R lines and simple PA patterns are very helpful as well. Don't use the EMA cross approach. It's misleading and late. The EMAs are for orientation and serve as dynamic S/R. See how the HA bars run up and down along these dynamic S/R in trends and swings always on the edge of EMA6.

Use H1 and above. Trendier currencies like GBP or the swingy JPY can also be traded on lower tfs. M1 and M5 (not recommended) can also be quiet smooth, but the higher the tf, the smoother the market appears with Heiken Ashi.

Conservative trading:
BUY: Enter when HA bar is blue and closes over all EMAs.
SELL: Enter when HA bar is red and closes below all EMAs.

Aggressive trading when PA pattern(s) are in your favor:
BUY: Enter when HA bar is blue and closes over EMA6&14.
SELL: Enter when HA bar is red and closes below all EMA6&14.

You can also swing or even scalp with it. It depends on you and how you interpret the template and the market. You also can add oscillators and Pivot, Murrey Math or Sweet spots. I use EMAs on all tfs. Daytrader maybe prefer the SMA and can add the SMA200. But keep it simple.
Hey man
Tobi you seems pretty day by day to me
Thanks for this wonderful system,it is simple,effective,easy to understand and follow,plz some more illustrating pictures with sell/buy and exit point out locations will help us traders to better pick the strategy,and really it is a crucial needs for 4/5 compact strategies to run long here and when i see who can drive this,every time you comes in my mind so i hope you will be help in this regards.
once more thanks
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

xielin wrote:Hi Krelian,
   This seems to be a very simple trading strategy with very simple rules. I have some questions:
1. Is it good for H4 TF? I prefer position and long-term trading.
2. In the figure, EMA12 is used. Is this a typo? I know it really doesn't matter whether it's 12 or 14. But just would like to make sure. Thanks!

Lin
Hi xielin
First to Welcome here,thanks for joining us,here you will be find quality stuff,experts opinions and answers of your questions regarding trading strategies of all levels,i hope krelian will be explain you better way.
regards
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

Hi Xielin, IMO trending strategies are always simple, at least compared to scalping strategies. I'm a friend of KISS (Keep It Super Simple). You're free to add indis as Stoch or even MACD, ideas are also welcome. Discussing is also learning and getting new ideas for other strategies. 

to 1.: It depends on the pair you trade. GBPAUD and GBPNZD do well on H1, GBPJPY and USDJPY and many more on H4 and the rest on D1. This is now Q1 2017. It can change, see EURUSD where the volatility is super low for 1.5 or 2 years.

to 2.: Yes, it's a typo. If you like EMA10 more or maybe SMA, change it.

---------------------------
To all, these rules aren't fix. It is profitable in the long run and that is what counts, at first. Don't just copy a strategy blindly and headless. There is always space for optimizations.