Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Is it even possible to make consistent money in trading

Hi I am Shayan from Pakistan
I started trading forex back in 2016 I lost my first account to a martingale EA then moved to trading options make some profits but eventually lost money there then moved to forex again I traded some strategies but nothing works consistent I made some money with a breakout strategy but market conditions changed and it didnt work for sometime and I lost my profits..My question is it even possible to make consistent money in forex or is their any retail trader here who is actually making consistent money I am confused
Sorry for my bad English
Regards

Re: Is it even possible to make consistent money in trading

Shanu4X wrote: Mon May 24, 2021 12:33 am Hi I am Shayan from Pakistan
I started trading forex back in 2016 I lost my first account to a martingale EA then moved to trading options make some profits but eventually lost money there then moved to forex again I traded some strategies but nothing works consistent I made some money with a breakout strategy but market conditions changed and it didnt work for sometime and I lost my profits..My question is it even possible to make consistent money in forex or is their any retail trader here who is actually making consistent money I am confused
Sorry for my bad English
Regards
I think you used to rush a lot while trading, it is always better to keep patience before making any move.

I assume you switch to different charts a lot, looking for one to tell you when to trade instead of sticking to one that might suit you and make it work. One can easily trade with some moving averages and look for pullbacks. That's even for a beginner or a not yet successful trader manageable. Many people make the mistake to chase price action because they cannot accept that the price moves but they are not in a trade. Trading pullbacks trains you to wait and be patient. Sitting idle can also be very profitable......if you understand what I mean. If you want to take a glimpse on how that works, go to the Pullback thread/ Plenty of examples there. Just a suggestion.
These users thanked the author RplusT for the post:
Nbats7979

Agree 100% with Rplus. Trading pullbacks on an established trend is the key. It is very profitable. All this other discipline stuff I don't know about. If you have a system and you tested it to see if it works then take the signals when they come. It's not a mindset. Maybe the mindset is not being bored about this because normally there are a few great trades per session. You need to have the conviction to pull the trigger when they happen. That's all.