Low Spread Broker recommendations

Hey there,

I signed up with IG for my trading, but I seem to be behind the 8-Ball as soon as I trader due to the spread being anywhere from 12 to 60.

I can never really get a go on when I am looking at the 15 min - 30 min trends as with some stocks they are moving before I have even hit the top part of my spread to get out of the negatives.

For Example.. the current EURUSD spread is 1.11076 - 1.11026 with IG

What are some of the recommended go to brokers for low spreads you folk use.

I thought I saw a pinned topic on here but wasn't sure which part of the forum I saw it in.

Thanks all.

S.

Re: Low Spread Broker recommendations

JamesCollonial wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:02 am I'm a beginner and looking for a broker that would be suitable for scalping, a broker with lower spreads and leverage 1:500 ?
Tbh for a beginner, a leverage of 500x is too risky since beginners don't possess too much knowledge and experience. Imo you should stick to as less leverage as you can for some time, until you ace your skills a bit. As for the brokers, Fxview is one you can check out. They are regulated and are quite apt for scalping because of their tight spreads.

Re: Low Spread Broker recommendations

JamesCollonial wrote: Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:02 am I'm a beginner and looking for a broker that would be suitable for scalping, a broker with lower spreads and leverage 1:500 ?
Just Google ECN brokers. Usually ECN brokers will have close to 0.0 spreads. But you'll have to pay brokerage commission cost for which is usually $7 per round trip per lot.. And to get 1:500 leverage you'll need brokers that are ASIC regulated (or other less regulated brokers). Too bad we only have 4 months left until ASIC reduces the 1:500 leverage to 1:30 :( . So you are on a time clock unless you decide to trade under overseas brokers which are less secure.

-Zyzel