Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Re: M1 Scalping question PLEASE HELP

micmac2 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:55 am Hey everyone been posting around around in forex factory just trying to get some insight. If im using a currency strength meter for m1 scalping what time frame should i use to find the strength and weakness? Should i just use the m1 time frame?
i think m1 timeframe is very fast timeframe to trade, as always markets are always fast to move and using m1 time frame makes the reaction time too fast to handle, before you can find strength market can hit you out, as like any blackswan event.

but there are some traders who likes m1 time frame, i do not know how many are making money on that time frame consistently, only god knows, one thing is sure their broker makes a lot of money.

may be some fast traders trading on m1 time frame here ,can suggest you better.or else it is a good idea to trade on higher time frames!

rijay wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:05 am

i think m1 timeframe is very fast timeframe to trade, as always markets are always fast to move and using m1 time frame makes the reaction time too fast to handle, before you can find strength market can hit you out, as like any blackswan event.

but there are some traders who likes m1 time frame, i do not know how many are making money on that time frame consistently, only god knows, one thing is sure their broker makes a lot of money.

may be some fast traders trading on m1 time frame here ,can suggest you better.or else it is a good idea to trade on higher time frames!
For my strategy it works very well but i just need to know when the m1 charts are trending for my strategy it's a moving average bounce, check out the screen shot below
Attachments

micmac2 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:10 am

For my strategy it works very well but i just need to know when the m1 charts are trending for my strategy it's a moving average bounce, check out the screen shot below
if you want to find trend on lower timeframes it is better to analyze higher timeframes,

lower timeframes will align always, with the trend going on, on higher timeframes

rijay wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:14 am

if you want to find trend on lower timeframes it is better to analyze higher timeframes,

lower timeframes will align always, with the trend going on, on higher timeframes
Okay but which higher time frames do you recommend for m1? I notice that when i would use the currency strength approach it works well but sometimes the price will reveres back on me which would confuse me because the currency strength is telling me one thing but the price on the m1 is doing something else. I know i should expect Pullbacks but the price would literally really start trending in the opposite direction. So i was thinking maybe it's because the strength meter i was using is looking at the main market bias which on the 4hr/daily time frame. So thats why i asked, do you think i should look for a moving average dashboard and trade the pair that show that the averages on each time frame matching the most? along with currency strength. Just trying to get some advice.

micmac2 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:19 am

Okay but which higher time frames do you recommend for m1? I notice that when i would use the currency strength approach it works well but sometimes the price will reveres back on me which would confuse me because the currency strength is telling me one thing but the price on the m1 is doing something else. I know i should expect Pullbacks but the price would literally really start trending in the opposite direction. So i was thinking maybe it's because the strength meter i was using is looking at the main market bias which on the 4hr/daily time frame. So thats why i asked, do you think i should look for a moving average dashboard and trade the pair that show that the averages on each time frame matching the most? along with currency strength. Just trying to get some advice.
It is better to start analysing from yearly time frame down to m1 time frame to find trend.

What a mess. Scalping on M1, swing trading style and a Y1 tf top-down trend-following strategy for M1 (Y1 - really?). An all-in-1-meshup. Maybe we find a way to include HFT and Martingale as well. Wanna someone try it on real account?

When you trade M1 you use the strength and weakness on M1. CSM mtf attemps confuse you more than anything else. As always, higher or lower tfs are for confirmation only, equal which tf or style you trade. You wanna scalp M1 so don't care about M15 or higher. Maybe S/R on M5. For swing trading you can use the next higher tf for jumping on Wave 3 or C, maybe 5. And trend traders can watch 500 times higher tfs if it makes fun.

Try things out. M1 isn't D1, so experiments are done quick.
These users thanked the author Krelian99 for the post:
moey_dw

Krelian99 wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:57 am What a mess. Scalping on M1, swing trading style and a Y1 tf top-down trend-following strategy for M1 (Y1 - really?). An all-in-1-meshup. Maybe we find a way to include HFT and Martingale as well. Wanna someone try it on real account?

When you trade M1 you use the strength and weakness on M1. CSM mtf attemps confuse you more than anything else. As always, higher or lower tfs are for confirmation only, equal which tf or style you trade. You wanna scalp M1 so don't care about M15 or higher. Maybe S/R on M5. For swing trading you can use the next higher tf for jumping on Wave 3 or C, maybe 5. And trend traders can watch 500 times higher tfs if it makes fun.

Try things out. M1 isn't D1, so experiments are done quick.
yes really Y1 !!!