Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Whats everyone's favorite reversal indicator?

MA cross
Total votes: 1 (4%)
Indicator signal
Total votes: 4 (17%)
Price Action
Total votes: 3 (13%)
Divergences
Total votes: 2 (8%)
Candlestick patterns (No votes)
Harmonic patterns
Total votes: 1 (4%)
Volume
Total votes: 2 (8%)
Support and resistance
Total votes: 8 (33%)
Trendline break
Total votes: 3 (13%)
Total votes: 24

Re: Reversals

Good thread! Added the poll and enabled poll creation option for members. Thanks for reminding me!
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

IdeaRe: Reversals

For conservative counter-trend trading with actual reversal confirmation I will simply use either a:

• Trendline break in opposite direction of trend after an "extreme" signal from Chaos Visual Averages
  • Or trendline break in opposite direction of trend after TDI signal cross
  • Or 9 period RSI trendline break (trendline drawn on RSI) on 4 hour chart

For aggressive and quick retracement (mean reversion) scalping I will take counter trend trades whenever price "bursts" and touches:

• The Monthly, Weekly, Daily and 4H 200 Moving Average
  • The Monthly, Weekly, Daily and 4H major horizontal support and resistance lines
  • Whenever price on the 1 hour chart touches or breaks through the outer Bollinger Bands on settings 20, 3

The above techniques are quite risky in strong trends not to mention psychologically draining, but the trade off is you can easily make a fortune trading these techniques.

Example of an aggressive scalping chart I use on the 1H timeframe for mean reversion trading.

Once the outer Bollinger Bands 20, 3 have been touched during volatile movements a gray dot will display on that candle I'll go short.
Attachments
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
RodrigoRT7
Are you looking for a Forex broker? FBS cuts spreads by up to 58%. Click here to begin your trading journey, today.
No commissions are earned by Forex-station.

Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance