Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Re: The road to Live Trading

k_tony wrote:
Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:43 pm
nunanana wrote:
Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:08 pm
The road to live trading is always hard. Just take it easy and do your best.
Right. How do you think we can keep ourselves calm in this journey?
I prefer to have a cup of coffee with my favourite series on to relax my mind.

I got into it as a sales trader and a guy on the treasury desk would trade off a Bloomberg terminal by watching the spread for untold hours a day. He didn't use any charts or indicators. Was literally watching a price panel. Old skool.

As others have said- demo is a road to nowhere. To paraphrase the great Mike Tyson- everyone has a plan until they get punched in the mouth.

My one big tip: It's easier to get in than it is to get out.

From experience. Close out your trade that's gone badly before it takes over. Yep I know, it might come back like it did last time- or maybe not. Risk management, i think its called, will save your skin.

The easiest way to avoid this trap is to have a target profit. Exit at your target profit (based on something like average daily range or fibo or pivot) and job done.

Everyone around me seemed to be doing it :)
Warning: I'm a spammer for a bucketshop called HANKOTRADE. Everything I post is bullshit and the broker I work for are scumbags.

I started trading on forex at my previous job, my colleague trades a lot after office and so I decided to try it, I have learnt basics from him.

Attachments 3
  1. Similar Topics

1. 277 Replies
    2. Road To Algo God

8 Replies 2832 Views

by ERP The Trader, Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:56 am in Trading Systems

8 Replies
    3. ROAD TO 1MIL Traders4Traders Prop Firm

3 Replies 1278 Views

by ERP The Trader, Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:12 pm in Trading Journals

3 Replies

Return to “New Members & Common Forex Q&A's”