Please take a few minutes to read our rules before posting: Forex-Station's Rules. Are you following them?

Re: New member question about repainting and recalculating

mosape wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 11:50 pm thank you chu chu rocket
as i read the post in daily download thread " jimmy " and mr tools described it as NON REPAINTING indicator.
i meant to say is most indicator changes its signal or outcome in current candle
i have tested this indicator in mt4 strategy tester but never encountered any color change in that MA kind line that shows in the indicator.
thanks for looking into this.
It does not repaint and that is not called repainting. The indicator is simply plotting it's movements according to what price and the market is doing. Once the candle closes, the indicator will not change it's past reading (a repainting indicator will change it's past reading).

For reference see these posts:

Please have a read through those posts and welcome to the site :thumbup:
These users thanked the author Jimmy for the post:
mosape
Guide to the "All Averages" Filters (ADXvma, Laguerre etc.) 🆕
Use Fibonacci numbers for indicator settings + How to draw Fibonacci Extensions
An easy trick for drawing Support & Resistance

Jimmy wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 12:43 am

It does not repaint and that is not called repainting. The indicator is simply plotting it's movements according to what price and the market is doing. Once the candle closes, the indicator will not change it's past reading (a repainting indicator will change it's past reading).

For reference see these posts:

Please have a read through those posts and welcome to the site :thumbup:
thanks jimmy
i read all those and i would like to re ask the question i had.
so the indicator isn't repainting but chould you check that this indicator re culculate in current candle ?

mosape wrote: Mon Sep 16, 2019 2:10 am

thanks jimmy
i read all those and i would like to re ask the question i had.
so the indicator isn't repainting but chould you check that this indicator re culculate in current candle ?
All non repainting indicators recalculate in current candle
These users thanked the author PREETHI for the post (total 3):
ChuChu Rocket, moey_dw, mosape
To be consistently profitable is to pick the right strategy for what price is doing, not what we think price will do.