Community Project

Moderators: mntiwana, mrtools

Re: Forex-Station.com Community Project

Krelian99 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 10:34 pm
I give up hope. I mean, if you are a beginner, it's ok, not your fault. Everyone starts as a beginner, but if you can't read some simple lines, you're helpless lost in the beginner's corner and stay there forever being breakfast for the sharks.

Women exchange cookie-recipes, FX-guys exchange strategies. Who is the better trader? Obviously women.
FBI wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 8:37 pm
Yes we can continue. I do have something, what I have been working with lately. It looks good or great, but maybe we can make it better if you want it I can post it here.
Better. What should be made better? Which point(s)? You put some random stuff on the chart without a concept (you even write you don't even understand what you have there) and expect that others should know what you have in mind or that others have a spontaneous enlightenment. No, this never happens. You have not "something", you have nothing. And no, this is not negative, this is reality.
Well yes, thanks for feedback. How better...anyhow.
So main indicator is EMAVFS, it by itself is almost like a Holy Grail, when price comes to it, it means that trend continues or trend changes.
Volatility and Force Index will help to see what it is, trend change or continuation.
Step MA is there like a early warning signal, that trend maybe changing or continues, so you can move stop losses closer.
Oscillator is to take trades.
So, feel free to make it better, if you can.

17 ticks isn't usable. My FXPro MT4 would had filled the bar in arround 2-3secs. Depending on the pair and your broker you get different ticks (and it differs a lot). You must put it to a value that compares to a M1 or M5 chart. For a M1 like chart could be 50 ticks or 120 ticks, for M5 like chart 500, 750 or 1000 ticks.

Krelian99 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:55 pm
17 ticks isn't usable. My FXPro MT4 would had filled the bar in arround 2-3secs. Depending on the pair and your broker you get different ticks (and it differs a lot). You must put it to a value that compares to a M1 or M5 chart. For a M1 like chart could be 50 ticks or 120 ticks, for M5 like chart 500, 750 or 1000 ticks.
It is 20 ticks/bar.
It does not look like it is useless. This has been coming down 10 hours now and GBPJPY 12 hours. But hey, thanks again for your feedback.

GBPUSDH17.png

FBI wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 am
Krelian99 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:55 pm
17 ticks isn't usable...
It does not look like it is useless ???

Usable, not useless. You must read what I wrote, not something else. I mean you should use tradable settings. You can't trade a 17 or 20 ticks chart in Forex. The spread is too high in FX for such maneuvers and you would overtrade yourself in a few days. Use realistic and tradable settups.

For comparing a 20tick-chart and a 500tick-chart of GBPAUD:
cT_cs_2027352_GBPAUD_2018-12-14_14-13-03.png
cT_cs_2027352_GBPAUD_2018-12-14_14-10-58.png
I needed just a few seconds ;) for that

Krelian99 wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:22 am
FBI wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:00 am

It does not look like it is useless ???

Usable, not useless. You must read what I wrote, not something else. I mean you should use tradable settings. You can't trade a 17 or 20 ticks chart in Forex. The spread is too high in FX for such maneuvers and you would overtrade yourself in a few days. Use realistic and tradable settups.

For comparing a 20tick-chart and a 500tick-chart of GBPAUD:
cT_cs_2027352_GBPAUD_2018-12-14_14-13-03.png

cT_cs_2027352_GBPAUD_2018-12-14_14-10-58.png

I needed just a few seconds ;) for that
Yes, thanks again. I am not trading price, price action or what ever. I am trading EMAVFS, like I said it is a main indicator.. I have tried longer and shorter ticks, and for me it looks like 20 ticks bar is best when it comes to EMAVFS and trends with 2 volatility pairs, GBPJPY and GBPUSD.
Keep them coming, I answer if I can, and you can make strategy better, if you can.

Re: Community Project

FBI wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:29 am
not usable= useless
not usable = under certain circumstances it may be ok, e.g. in Futures market 20ticks (20FX-ticks) are absolutely fine.
useless = it works nowhere, just forget it.

some signs that maybe move is ending. price starts to hang around step ma, huge spike down in oscilattor, force index starts to rise

GBPUSDH17.png

Krelian99 wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:06 am
friend4you wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:54 pm
Sharing is caring. If we shall work together, you should post some templates and indicators, otherwise everybody talks of different settings and additions. That would help nobody.
I would like to share my contributions then, when everybody can work on the same. I don't think that general negative comments as from Krelian99 help.
Wrong, wrong, right and wrong. My comment wasn't negative, exaggerated yes. You see a negative post, because you expect a negative post and don't question what I wrote at all. It was much more help than you think from another POV as yours. Search the failure within your thinking, not in others. I don't need a community project, but when I saw the first post, I knew exactly what would happen. ...
Expectations at the end of a month or year and must it be tradable under circumstances like ESMA/ NFA/ FSA (if needed - most trend-following strategies aren't reasonably tradable with low leverages).

So, a list of requirements is the very start of a every reasonable project I know. In every step must be looked whether the requirements are still fulfilled (sometimes must be rewritten, but never waived). This sounds too simple, but successful traders and projects have a plan. I used always the V-Model (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V-Model) and a Morphological analysis (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Morpholog ... m-solving) for later decision finding/ synergy finding. Don't underestimate it. You can't solve a problem when you don't know neither the problem nor the goal. Believe me, you don't know neither the problem nor the goal when I see what and how you do here. Your mindset is still completely wrong.

Peace
Nice helping words, but again less concrete help. You often tell, that we should not trade with indicators and that your unclear naked chart psa-strategy with years of learning your way is better.

We learn many professions over many years with small risc in the beginning, why do traders think, they could become millionaire in months?

Many learn trading with trends and more important with emotions at least over the years even on small timeframes, the problem is, that most risc too much and give up in few months.
I like to read your posts last years, but you should not sound too much as a teacher, especially without concrete ways to trading success.
A board can always be a help and we cannot fit all trading styles with a community project. Maybe you post in other threads how to learn your trading style, but it's best to move on if you don't like a thread. On every thread, there are some people leading and it is only confusing, when too many post in same threads like on ff.
Remember also, that many people only post on boards as beginners and try to trade their way until the next problem occurs. We both have a different view on fs and the other way is not the best.

So, now back to EMAVFS after short dance around step ma, this is the place to look at, trend changes or continues, but it is Friday evening, this is just to show what to look for next week

GBPUSDH17.png