Re: Changing mt4 sound alerts

Tradehunter wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 9:41 am Does anyone know how to change the sound alerts so it works?
I have tried multiple times and am unable to get it to 'stick'.
Thanks
If I remember right go to an open chart go to tools/options/events then scroll to Alert and on the right hand side you can change to the alert sound file you want.

mrtools wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 2:30 pm If I remember right go to an open chart go to tools/options/events then scroll to Alert and on the right hand side you can change to the alert sound file you want.
I have done all that, tools/options/events then chose another. I found the folder and added my own wav file and changed them in the events options but it reverts.
Ultimately I would like to change the alerts within the indicator inputs as so many have this option but this does not work either, It reverts as well.

Tradehunter wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:54 pm I have done all that, tools/options/events then chose another. I found the folder and added my own wav file and changed them in the events options but it reverts.
Ultimately I would like to change the alerts within the indicator inputs as so many have this option but this does not work either, It reverts as well.
you will need to change the sound file the indy uses in the code (if you have the mq4 file).

Open MetaEditor, select the indicator and find the name of the sound file as in the pic, replace the name with any one of those already on file as in the tools options events (as in pic). Then click compile.
Attachments

Tradehunter wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 10:54 pm I have done all that, tools/options/events then chose another. I found the folder and added my own wav file and changed them in the events options but it reverts.
Ogee is right I forgot you need to change the soundfile your indicator alert is calling out as well.

sound files