Re: Trend Indicators

pacois wrote:Thu May 04, 2017 6:35 am
I'm not joking, mister mntiwana, I wanted several LBs as shown in the picture. Thank you.
picture is a joke - not visible exact or nothing to guess from,so short edited ,like a puzzle.
Indicator is just a tool.

Use it only if it can benefit you. Leave it if you don't know how to use it optimally.

pacois wrote:Thu May 04, 2017 6:35 am
I'm not joking, mister mntiwana, I wanted several LBs as shown in the picture. Thank you.
Why don't you use it as is (on your chart and example too)?

Making multi parameters for such a task complicates the usage of the indicator and causes errors. While when you have one indicator that you can use nnnn times with nnnn different parameter settings you have no limit at all. Unlike usual understanding, in cases like that less can produce more. Better to use a single instance version for cases like that.

Multi time frame version is there to compare values of different time frames using same parameters

For unlimited parameters combinations use "simple" versions

mladen wrote:Thu May 04, 2017 6:51 am

Why don't you use it as is (on your chart and example too)?

Making multi parameters for such a task complicates the usage of the indicator and causes errors. While when you have one indicator that you can use nnnn times with nnnn different parameter settings you have no limit at all. Unlike usual understanding, in cases like that less can produce more. Better to use a single instance version for cases like that.

Multi time frame version is there to compare values of different time frames using same parameters

For unlimited parameters combinations use s"simple" versions
Excuse me, this is what I want, different Lb instead of timeframe
Attachments

pacois wrote:Thu May 04, 2017 6:58 am
Excuse me, this is what I want, different Lb instead of timeframe
Please,

Take some time and re-read my post again
Do you believe it or not, but what I told in that post is serious, is told in good faith and is told in order to attempt to help you. The "multi parameter" "multi instance" indicator were thought of long time ago and a lot of heads came to a same conclusion - the conclusion I had tried to explain in my previous post

all the best

mladen wrote:Thu May 04, 2017 7:07 am

Please,

Take some time and re-read my post again
Do you believe it or not, but what I told in that post is serious, is told in good faith and is told in order to attempt to help you. The "multi parameter" "multi instance" indicator were thought of long time ago and a lot of heads came to a same conclusion - the conclusion I had tried to explain in my previous post

all the best
Thank you Mladen, I understand, I apologize for using goole translator, I understand.

It seems to be just as good at determining trend as something like DSS Bressert, but I don't understand why the histo bars will occasionally repaint once they have been placed. Is there a practical reason for this?

What is stranger is that I can see some history where the histo made an incorrect trend prediction, and yet those bars did not repaint.
after-repaint-shot after-repaint-shot
Red trendlines are failed trades, Gold are successful.

The most recent failed trade was entered live, when the bars were green.
before-repaint-shot before-repaint-shot